Two PRS Baritone 7 Strings

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
It's his guitar, he could write all over it with a sharpie if he wants, quit bitching.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
What is wrong with a baritone PRS?

The CU22/24 is one of the best designs I've ever come across. Everyone I've had the opportunity to play sounded amazing. The combination of woods and 25" scale are a huge part of that. IMO, having the baritone scale would destroy that beautiful, singing tone. I've never played anything longer than 25.5" that I felt sounded nice in the upper register.

I sense a repeat of the SE-7 thread. Those silly gooses wanted a 25.5" (or longer) scale and a regular hardtail on a PRS. :barf:

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
The CU22/24 is one of the best designs I've ever come across. Everyone I've had the opportunity to play sounded amazing. The combination of woods and 25" scale are a huge part of that. IMO, having the baritone scale would destroy that beautiful, singing tone. I've never played anything longer than 25.5" that I felt sounded nice in the upper register.

I sense a repeat of the SE-7 thread. Those silly gooses wanted a 25.5" (or longer) scale and a regular hardtail on a PRS. :barf:

Funny as the 25" scale is the reason I DON'T have a PRS and I play in standard. I don't get along with that scale at all.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Back on thread, this is a signature model, it is what MIKE wants. If they produce this model, it will be a signature model, which will have features MIKE wants.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
Are you trying to tell me it won't have exactly what I, lowly internet guitar player #23945, want? Well then, I'm outraged and refuse to even look at another PRS guitar.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
If this gets released as a sig, I'm probably going to put a pair of those KxK P90s in it. I don't know why, but I think that would look and sound fantastic.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
The more I nose around at Experience here the more I don't know if its going to be a signature. Question: If PRS did a limited run of 7 strings, would you guys be down for $3.5k - $4k price point? Standard PRS color options, PRS tremelo, birds, maple top and mahogany back.... essentially a Custom 24 with an extra string. Also if a dealer decided to do this, would you be willing to put down a deposit like any other luthier to reserve your piece? Im not promising anything but I've been talking to dealers and reps all day here at Experience and this seems like it's more do-able than anything.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, if the scale length is good. If custom 24 w/ extra = 25" scale, then no. Everything else is dandy though permitting I knew in advance it was happened and when, so I didn't drop elsewhere.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I don't know what the hell you people are talking about, but to me those guitars look crazy beautiful, plus these are the first 7-strings I've seen from PRS. There are probably others that they've made before, but these definitely do not look like shitty guitars for one thing.

Not everyone can have their cake and eat it too. Just be glad that THIS slice of heaven was even considered.

*fingers crossed for a 7-string Custom 24*

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
Wow

A 27" Custom 24 7 string would take the cake...Ideally I'd hope it would have the Stoptail bridge, but frankly I don't care. As long as I don't have to get it in sunburst, I'll be waiting to fork over for one...that I'll promptly put Bareknuckle Aftermaths in...

...OHMAIGAWD :shred:

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Question: If PRS did a limited run of 7 strings, would you guys be down for $3.5k - $4k price point? Standard PRS color options, PRS tremelo, birds, maple top and mahogany back.... essentially a Custom 24 with an extra string. Also if a dealer decided to do this, would you be willing to put down a deposit like any other luthier to reserve your piece? Im not promising anything but I've been talking to dealers and reps all day here at Experience and this seems like it's more do-able than anything.

A baby on the way says I can't do it this year, but this is a very reasonable idea. Hope it happens.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The more I nose around at Experience here the more I don't know if its going to be a signature. Question: If PRS did a limited run of 7 strings, would you guys be down for $3.5k - $4k price point? Standard PRS color options, PRS tremelo, birds, maple top and mahogany back.... essentially a Custom 24 with an extra string. Also if a dealer decided to do this, would you be willing to put down a deposit like any other luthier to reserve your piece? Im not promising anything but I've been talking to dealers and reps all day here at Experience and this seems like it's more do-able than anything.

That would be well out of the realms of my price range. :( I think $2.5K would be better.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

A Custom 24 (25" scale, maple top, mahogany neck and body, whatever species of rosewood/ebony PRS is currently using, PRS trem, PRS pickups) would be ideal. And I would actually put my money where my mouth is, but I would require a few things (not that I'm being demanding or anything :D);

1. A substantial "warning" period - basically a commitment from PRS that they will, in fact, produce these (ideally, a minimum 10 months, which is reasonable time for them to "tool-up" and proto)
2. Allow buyers to put down a deposit (I don't know if PRS already does this?). I have a tendency to get distracted with other purchases, and a deposit would help me stay committed to the purchase. Also, with me still being in school (and paying for it), I couldn't drop $4,000 in one lump sum anyway.

Now be sure to pass this info along to Paul himself. :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
That would be well out of the realms of my price range. :( I think $2.5K would be better.

That's less than the price on most new models from PRS, so I'd say that's rather doubtful unfortunately. I hear you though, I LOVE PRS guitars but their current "new" pricing is a bit much for me to swallow. :2c:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
That's less than the price on most new models from PRS, so I'd say that's rather doubtful unfortunately. I hear you though, I LOVE PRS guitars but their current "new" pricing is a bit much for me to swallow. :2c:

Really? It's about what a lower end CU24 costs here.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Really? It's about what a lower end CU24 costs here.

Are you talking GBP or USD? Most custom 24 models I've seen for sale new recently are around the $3K USD mark assuming they have a 10-top and birds. The "special" models like the Artist V are all around $4K. Just depends on if they made it a "limited edition" deal as that seems to tack on some extra cash. :rolleyes: :lol:

')