Two telecasters builds - brutal & gentle

SanekN

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been longtime I've posted anything here... You know - job job and job... But with my boss who is passionate in woodworking we started organising a little shop to do some magic.

So I'll be making very soon two projects - one for my guitar teacher and one for my friend as a gift.

The first one will be a sorta 27.5 inch 7 string telecaster :

Body: swamp ash
Top: spalted maple
Neck: maple with walnut strips
Fingerboard : maple with jumbo jescars, 24 frets, 12' radius, no front inlays, luminlay side ones.
Pickups: i dont really know so far but probably dactivators 7 in bridge and ssl1 in the neck.

Tonepros tuneomatic, sperzel locking tuners.
3 way switch, one volume cts pot, switchcraft stuff, pu finish, no stains etc,all hardware black.

And another one will be 25.5 inch 6 string semi hollow tele with same woods, just different macassar ebony fingerboard and maybe walnut neck with maple strips. :flame:

It will be a present but i'm far from being an millionnaire so all the hardware will be reusing the stuff i have in the house (gotoh tom, jackson tuners, sh4 bridge) i'll buy just the ssl1 neck and thats it. Same jescar frets.

Will start all this in mid october probably cause we're in the middle of making the shop's concrete slab :lol:

Have a nice day guys and sorry for my sloppy english...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SanekN

Reaction score
It's been a while! =) So i'll just put all I've got here.

Sixier is almost done, oiling gone wrong and binding popper up I try to figure out how to glue the new one (will try uhu hart next time). I realised that i've used the "true" tung oil instead of polymerised one. Thinking of cover all this with PU but scared of oil+PU mixture...

Seven is going strong, just misplaced the bridge like a jerk (facepalm), so filled them holes with some titebond, looking acceptable enough. The neck is unfinished, the body is almost finished.

I've got a friend who wanted another télécaster, simple solid 6 this time, no tops. Just ash body, maple/walnut neck, rosewood fretboard and hipshot hardware.

Photo time! (real sorry for thumbnails =/)

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Seemingly endless silence, and then suddenly *kabloosh*... Still loving the heck outta your work. *yesway*

metaldoggie

Pro smeghead
Reaction score
Off topic, I just looked up Arles.....one Easter my family took a caravan holiday and I believe it was to the Montpellier area. I was fairly young, but Camping Le Boucanet looks kind of familiar.

I don't really miss living in the UK, but I do miss being able to visit France!

SanekN

Reaction score
Seemingly endless silence, and then suddenly *kabloosh*... Still loving the heck outta your work. *yesway*

Yeah, a surprise effect =) Thank you man for kind words. I'm far far from the quality of the true luthier tho, sloppy mistakes are still there!

SanekN

Reaction score
Off topic, I just looked up Arles.....one Easter my family took a caravan holiday and I believe it was to the Montpellier area. I was fairly young, but Camping Le Boucanet looks kind of familiar.

I don't really miss living in the UK, but I do miss being able to visit France!

The Southern France is damn nice to live in (sun!), lived in Montpellier for 6 years, awesome city, many students, much fun =)

You dudes are welcome here anytime!

immortalx

Reaction score
This is beautiful stuff, impressive and clean work :yesway:

SanekN

Reaction score
Hello mates! New stuff =)

0150326_19_13_21_Pro_zpsq94gfd1a.jpg.html]
WP_20150326_19_13_21_Pro_zpsq94gfd1a.jpg
[/URL]

Day 2

')