Two telecasters builds - brutal & gentle

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Oooo boy you know how to get me going with those semi-hemi fret ends. Looking really clean, man! And also loving the non-traditional headstock on the 7, reminds me of the Jackson 4+3 ones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SanekN

Reaction score
Thanx guys for those kind comments!

I dont have the rr thread, don't know if I'll have enough time to finish it =/

Headstock, we're basicly took the broderick one but made it little bigger I guess (not intentional lol)

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
.... yeah black binding on maple

SanekN

Reaction score
Hey guys thanx for dem nice comments =)

I have not much here, but I have something :

Bolwede

Reaction score
Awwwwe jizz, stop teasing and get us some pics man :D That sixstring telecaster with the messy (in a good way) top is just incredible man!

SanekN

Reaction score
Hello dudes! Alrighty then =D Some fresh pics (not really extraexciting tho)

Basicly, some plastic work, started 2 other necks, trying to put the max amount of clear coats on them 6 hollow and 7 goodness.

My improvised fret slot jig!

immortalx

Reaction score
To say I'm impressed is an understatement! This is top notch work man :yesway:

SanekN

Reaction score
Thanks mates =) I will spend my friday + week end in the shop, so I will be able to maybe even finish some stuff who knows lol

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow, coming together nicely! Did you use TiteBond III on everything?

dankarghh

Reaction score
Awesome work man.

I've been curious about those aerosol attachment thingys. How do they go? How long does a can last you?

Cheers!

SanekN

Reaction score
Thank you people! I used the Titebond II, just bought the 3 to eventually do the cutting board or something... =)
Prevals is nice! I need like 3-4 cans to finish a guitar I think, I do like 6-8 coats of sealer+sander, then 2x3 coats of finish with 600 grit between, gives me a very thin final coat. But the pressure falls with the age of a can, at first it deliver a nice cloud but quickly the amount of lacquer falls down and it starts to spitting.

SanekN

Reaction score
Why I LOVE buying my prevals from Patin-A? This is the reason! (good prices too lol)

SanekN

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've just tried the beast. First thoughts the sound is awesome. Neck = twang, middle - really nice clean, bridge = rock, metal.
Action is surprisingly good (my first GOOD fretwork =D).
The guitar vibrates when i take a chord, thats good news also.

But the bridge alignement suck. And i have much more space from the edge of the fingerboard to the high E. Have enough space to the low E tho. So the playing feel is nice but visually it's not pretty. I suppose I could do some file action on the bridge to bring it a little lower.

Gotta finish some details before I can say it's done...

SanekN

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just couldn't resist and assembled the 7 one =) Well, it's not perfect but certainly nice!

So, the intonation is good, action is good, not the best but match the action on my guitar. But I not finished the tweaking yet... The neck need a little tilt though.

Visually it's quite nice but if you come closer you can see all the mess ups I did =)

The sound seems nice, can't really check this cause pickups are too far from strings (not had the good screws dammit).

Some photos to illustrate the goodness a little =)

Latest posts

')