UAFX Anti 1992 high gain amp pedal

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Seattle meaning grunge? Was the 5150 used in the grunge scene?

These UAFX pedals are a bit strange imo. Too many features/software/expensive than I'd want in a pedal form factor, I'd rather just go multifx at that point. For those who use the UAFX pedals, what niche are the filling for you?

Can also even do this!
Cantrell recorded Dirt with prototype 5150's from Eddy I read. I think he used them before Eddy got to lol. The album is great but I think the tone was poop compared to Facelift. "Chat GPT; Gimme Dirt album with Facelift guitar tone."

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Seattle meaning grunge? Was the 5150 used in the grunge scene?

These UAFX pedals are a bit strange imo. Too many features/software/expensive than I'd want in a pedal form factor, I'd rather just go multifx at that point. For those who use the UAFX pedals, what niche are the filling for you?

Can also even do this!
Also are they only single channel in live use? Seems crazy if they are.

sirbuh

Reaction score
Cantrell recorded Dirt with prototype 5150's from Eddy I read. I think he used them before Eddy got to lol. The album is great but I think the tone was poop compared to Facelift. "Chat GPT; Gimme Dirt album with Facelift guitar tone."
This is surprising I thought he used a Bogner something?

Bearitone

Reaction score
Maybe through Canada then?
No clue!
If you can grab anything at all from AMT though I suggest grabbing a StoneHead. I have the 50 watt version. I liked it so much I sold my EVH 5150 stealth. Does "Brootal" like nobody's business.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dunno why anybody would consider one of these over running a HX stomp with the invective model. If you want just digital preamps the Tonex pedal is better overall.

It seems really awkward to use on its own.

')