UAFX Anti 1992 high gain amp pedal

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Seattle meaning grunge? Was the 5150 used in the grunge scene?

These UAFX pedals are a bit strange imo. Too many features/software/expensive than I'd want in a pedal form factor, I'd rather just go multifx at that point. For those who use the UAFX pedals, what niche are the filling for you?

Can also even do this!
Cantrell recorded Dirt with prototype 5150's from Eddy I read. I think he used them before Eddy got to lol. The album is great but I think the tone was poop compared to Facelift. "Chat GPT; Gimme Dirt album with Facelift guitar tone."

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Seattle meaning grunge? Was the 5150 used in the grunge scene?

These UAFX pedals are a bit strange imo. Too many features/software/expensive than I'd want in a pedal form factor, I'd rather just go multifx at that point. For those who use the UAFX pedals, what niche are the filling for you?

Can also even do this!
Also are they only single channel in live use? Seems crazy if they are.

sirbuh

Reaction score
Cantrell recorded Dirt with prototype 5150's from Eddy I read. I think he used them before Eddy got to lol. The album is great but I think the tone was poop compared to Facelift. "Chat GPT; Gimme Dirt album with Facelift guitar tone."
This is surprising I thought he used a Bogner something?

Bearitone

Reaction score
Maybe through Canada then?
No clue!
If you can grab anything at all from AMT though I suggest grabbing a StoneHead. I have the 50 watt version. I liked it so much I sold my EVH 5150 stealth. Does "Brootal" like nobody's business.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Out of comparison, there is a hybrid lunchbox amp (with a single 12AX7 in the preamp & fx loop) which is much cheaper and sounds really close to a real 5150: Joyo's vivo head

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I wasn’t planning on buying a late-to-the-party digital clone of an amp I could buy for the same price, BUT….
I just watched a few YouTube videos of guys who were paid to review the pedal - but like always all their opinions are their own - and they loved it! So I feel like I can really trust them, and I must buy it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

My post got screwed up somehow, gremlins. It was the dog album he used 5150 and Fish preamp. I remembered wrong I guess.

It was the selftitled album he used the gifted 5150 and IIRC only on Sludge Factory. He used a prototype Recto on Dirt but even then the majority of that album was the modded JCM800 I believe. Same amp as Facelift

Bearitone

Reaction score
I want to see this concept done for a digital preamp pedal:

1724532607023.jpeg

-Imagine 3 to 4 channels (Clean Crunch Rhythm Lead), a few models to choose from for each.
-Basic controls available immediately.
-Midi capable.
-No menu diving necessary but, deeper controls hidden by holding a switch and turning a knob.

The Monster With .

Death row; water buffalo
Reaction score
I got an AMT bricks series pedal from amazon.de Looks like they still have a few for decent deals.

I actually like my R2 better then the bricks series R/S. But I like solid state, so maybe that is why.

Last edited:

The Monster With .

Death row; water buffalo
Reaction score
Out of comparison, there is a hybrid lunchbox amp (with a single 12AX7 in the preamp & fx loop) which is much cheaper and sounds really close to a real 5150: Joyo's vivo head
I love the VIVO, especial slaved into an Orange pedal baby power amp.
1000002564.jpg

')