Ubuntu phone crowd funding (ubuntu edge)

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
Ubuntu Edge | Indiegogo

Just saw that, it looks awesome. Killer hardware, compatibility ubuntu/android, smart design. I'm poor so I can't give money but if I could I totally would as much as possible (well maybe not, it's just the ubuntu fanboy in me who speaks). I don't think they'll hit 32000000 before it ends but I hope it will not hinder too much the project. I want that phone :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Not gonna happen unfortunately. It's got under a week to go and they still need around $22M to make this green-lit. Makes me feel bad for the one dude who pledged $80K towards it (basically a 10th of where they're at now) for nothing.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Not gonna happen unfortunately. It's got under a week to go and they still need around $22M to make this green-lit. Makes me feel bad for the one dude who pledged $80K towards it (basically a 10th of where they're at now) for nothing.

I would believe he gets his money back. Only assuming this though.

They only get funding for this project IF they get their goal. If they don't hit the goal no money is given to them.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just one of those kickers where you're like "Yes, I am SO dedicated to this that me and my crew will donate EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLARS to this!" just to see it fail but luckily it comes back

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just one of those kickers where you're like "Yes, I am SO dedicated to this that me and my crew will donate EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLARS to this!" just to see it fail but luckily it comes back

I'm sure at some point this device will come to be. Sadly it won't be this week.

I've already got an iPhone so I'm set for my needs, but this looks incredibly interesting. Really wanna see where it goes from here

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
I'm sure at some point this device will come to be. Sadly it won't be this week.

Yeah that's true but I don't know if it'll be as good as it seems because a failed crowd funding campaign isn't great publicity. I just hope that they'll get all the support they need from the industry.

')