Uganda Passes "Kill the Gays Bill"

• Thread starter Metal_Webb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus fucking shit. You ever notice how sensible people never go into politics because they know it's retarded? Well then all we get is the power hungry, religiously blinded, closed minded assholes who suppress the rights of people who aren't doing anything wrong in the eyes of the law, but since their religion sees it as wrong, they want to make it official. It's such bullshit.

And I bet some people who would normally just be imprisoned for being in a same-sex relationship, will be killed while they're in prison either by this law by just "rounding up" or by inmates.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
It seems several countries are threatening to reduce aid in response to this. I'm not certain that's the best move, as it seems like that'd be punishing the standers by, rather than the perpetrators of this abominable law. On the other hand, the government might actually rescind the law if enough aid is removed. Although I doubt it, as any government that would pass such a law doesn't seem to have very strong feelings towards its people.

Mexi

Reaction score
We all know sub-Saharan African states have a strong history of encouraging human rights so this is a real shock to me:rolleyes:

flint757

Reaction score
It seems several countries are threatening to reduce aid in response to this. I'm not certain that's the best move, as it seems like that'd be punishing the standers by, rather than the perpetrators of this abominable law. On the other hand, the government might actually rescind the law if enough aid is removed. Although I doubt it, as any government that would pass such a law doesn't seem to have very strong feelings towards its people.

Yes, but people being gay is not what perpetuated AID's. If people had protected sex it actually wouldn't spread near as much as it has, gay or straight. I'd argue that since gay people obviously don't have to worry about condoms (no issue of pregnancy), that is the only reason it was more common for so long (in the states and like 30 years ago that is). In Africa though it isn't like AIDS is isolated to a single race, sexual orientation, age or anything of that sort so there is no rationalization that could work in those countries favor. Not implying it would work anywhere as like I said it doesn't target anyone specific like some people believe and this law implies. If you are having sex you could potentially get AID's. That is it.

Not surprised that Uganda would do this, but it is disgusting nonetheless.

Vairocarnal

...is something.
Reaction score
Yes, but people being gay is not what perpetuated AID's. If people had protected sex it actually wouldn't spread near as much as it has, gay or straight. I'd argue that since gay people obviously don't have to worry about condoms (no issue of pregnancy), that is the only reason it was more common for so long (in the states and like 30 years ago that is). In Africa though it isn't like AIDS is isolated to a single race, sexual orientation, age or anything of that sort so there is no rationalization that could work in those countries favor. Not implying it would work anywhere as like I said it doesn't target anyone specific like some people believe and this law implies. If you are having sex you could potentially get AID's. That is it.

Not surprised that Uganda would do this, but it is disgusting nonetheless.

I agree. Another factor in the prevalancy of AIDS and HIV in Africa is dry sex. They prefer to engage in intercourse without lubrication of any type, natural or not as well as disgustingly vile beliefs and "local legends" E.G: To cure AIDS, deflower a virgin.

This also makes me wonder about people like Deepak Chopra. Effectively, he claims that being gang-raped as a child caused him to grow and become a spiritual leader for his people...Seems to me, that's a glorification of gang-rape.:wallbash:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
How the fuck did something like this pass? Please tell me that something will be done about this blatant assault on human rights!

Fucking people!:mad:

Vairocarnal

...is something.
Reaction score
Sounds like a guy making the best out of the hard life he was given if you ask me. I don't understand how any sensible person can think he's actually glorifying gang-rape. People grow and learn from pain, and so did Chopra.

I see your point. Ideologically, it's akin to 1984 being a guidebook.

')