Uganda Passes "Kill the Gays Bill"

• Thread starter Metal_Webb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
I agree. Another factor in the prevalancy of AIDS and HIV in Africa is dry sex. They prefer to engage in intercourse without lubrication of any type, natural or not as well as disgustingly vile beliefs and "local legends" E.G: To cure AIDS, deflower a virgin.

This also makes me wonder about people like Deepak Chopra. Effectively, he claims that being gang-raped as a child caused him to grow and become a spiritual leader for his people...Seems to me, that's a glorification of gang-rape.:wallbash:

Sounds like a guy making the best out of the hard life he was given if you ask me. I don't understand how any sensible person can think he's actually glorifying gang-rape. People grow and learn from pain, and so did Chopra.

Yeah while it can be perceived as him saying everyone should do it because it is good for the soul, I think he just meant it made him a stronger person in his own isolated situation.

Can't really deny that it would definitely change ones perception of reality, I'm sure you'd never be the same again after such a terrible event.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
Yes, but people being gay is not what perpetuated AID's. If people had protected sex it actually wouldn't spread near as much as it has, gay or straight. I'd argue that since gay people obviously don't have to worry about condoms (no issue of pregnancy), that is the only reason it was more common for so long (in the states and like 30 years ago that is). In Africa though it isn't like AIDS is isolated to a single race, sexual orientation, age or anything of that sort so there is no rationalization that could work in those countries favor. Not implying it would work anywhere as like I said it doesn't target anyone specific like some people believe and this law implies. If you are having sex you could potentially get AID's. That is it.

Not surprised that Uganda would do this, but it is disgusting nonetheless.

I typed aid with all lower case letters, I never mentioned AIDS or how it relates to homosexuality. I'm not really sure what you thought my post said, but I will rephrase to remove ambiguity:
Some countries are threatening to remove financial support (that would pay for many things including food; shelter; and yes medical treatment for several ailments that include AIDS, malaria, etc...). I think that by removing this financial support it would hurt the innocent civilians of Uganda, rather than the government (which has enough money to pay for these things already). Sure, the government might react to this threat because they want to appear to care about their people, but when they pass laws like this it seems as though they don't.

flint757

Reaction score
I was half asleep, I totally misinterpreted that for some reason. :lol: In any case the point of my now off topic post is, even if they attempted a 'rational' perspective (not religious) it would still be bullshit.

nickgray

Reaction score
It's scary what happens when those idiots get put in positions of power.

Nah, it's the people, they're the idiots. The guys in power are just taking the easiest route in order to manipulate and further strengthen their position. It's the people's fault - they are the ones who let themselves be fooled and manipulated.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
The World as a whole, in my view at least, is accelerating away from this kind of thing at a phenomenal rate, so let's hope this is short-lived and doesn't cost too many lives (whether through death, imprisonment or emotional suffering) in the mean time. Hold tight dudes and dudettes.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Even supporting LGBT rights is a punishable offense under this bill, as is knowing of but not reporting a gay individual, the latter of which can either be a fine or 3 years in prison.

To an extent American Christians are to blame, since part of what prompted the legislation in the first place; aside from the fear/contempt for homosexuals that was already present, were the assertions made by Amercian Christians in a conference in Uganda stating that Homosexuality was a direct threat to African families. Something which probably resonated with the extremely Christian culture in Uganda.

Nah, it's the people, they're the idiots. The guys in power are just taking the easiest route in order to manipulate and further strengthen their position. It's the people's fault - they are the ones who let themselves be fooled and manipulated.
I think you would find that a good portion of the Ugandan people are 100% in support of this bill, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the vast majority were.
Laws against "homosexual conduct" are nothing new in these parts of Africa, most people living in Uganda have probably never known anything different.

viesczy

Reaction score
Africa is technically in the 21st century but still in the stone age... armed with 20 century weapons.

Derek

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
soooooo no one expected this, from a country in a region where anti-gay sentiment, violence against gays is rampant and where country's close to uganda already have similar laws against gays?

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
It's terrible, but I can't say I'm surprised. Some countries just shouldn't be allowed independence, never mind the ability to create laws (highly bloated opinion, so don't try and bitch me out about how all countries deserve yadda yadda blah blah blah).

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I would have loved to see Uganda-people's reaction if Finland would have got a gay president. :lol:

')