UK: ENGL Invader 100 & Head Flightcase

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear:

1) '08 ENGL Invader 100 as new, never gigged, played at volume 4 times maximum, barely used as much as it perhaps should have been. 4 very separate sounding but equally superb channels, Bright and Hi-Gain switches which are active on all channels, built in organic sounding Noise Gate, 2 Master Volumes, 2 separate Effects Loops. All functions are easily MIDI programmable and controllability is fantastic. Also 4 brand new poweramp tubes at 6 weeks old.

2) Amp head flight case custom built by Flightcase Warehouse for the ENGL Invader as I found too many standard head cases came with too much extra room. Annoyingly enough soon after I ordered this custom he began building ones this exact size which are about £50 cheaper than I paid. Very snug fit, very sturdy and has done me well, some scratching on the metal but nothing that isn't expected of a flight case.

Modifications (if any):

N/A

Accessories (hardshell case etc):

N/A

Location (City,State or City,Country):

Bristol, UK

Contact Info (No Phone #s):

peteyg@redseasfire.co.uk or a PM on here will suffice.

References (eBay or other forum userid):

Ebay: screamingkids

Price (include currency and if firm/obo):

ENGL Invader: £1400 FIRM
Flight Case: £100 FIRM

Pictures:
Front
ENGLFront.jpg

Back
ENGLReverse.jpg

The FCWH tag, you can see some of the scratching on this photo.
FlightCaseTag.jpg

In the flightcase
FlightCase.jpg

With the top of the flight case off.
ENGLDiag.jpg

An old photo with the lights and all that on.
n518493920_1499588_4190586.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
*BUMP* C'mon guys, it's an awesome deal given the current climate of amp pricing, if you wanted one of these new it'd be straddling the 2k mark, and the flightcase cost me over double what I'm asking.

Reaction score
*BUMP* C'mon guys, it's an awesome deal given the current climate of amp pricing, if you wanted one of these new it'd be straddling the 2k mark, and the flightcase cost me over double what I'm asking.

Just out of curiosity, how many dead babes does 1500 equate to? I'm willing to kill as many as necessary, just say the word.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this a second time, but I feel it might be a more persuasive sale if I was to link to some examples of what it can do, and I really need to make this sale sooner rather than later.

Here's a couple of videos of the amp (not just mine but other peoples too) doing various sounds.

Here I am playing the end of Goliath by Karnivool through mine:

Here's Misha from Periphery doing Icarus Lives:

Doug Rappoport at NAMM 2009 doing some nice lead style playing with few more classic styled tones that may suit a few more of you:

Hopefully this might persuade some of you.

EDIT: Given a PM I just received about this, I feel I had also best point out that I would be happy to ship this within Europe, but only if the buyer covered the cost of the shipping, as a student I'm pretty stereotypically broke and have no extra money to spare here. Sorry.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
Well to be honest, I would only really be willing to ship this within Europe, as shipping such an expensive item to the US potentially pretty problematic. After paying customs, insurance and the shipping, it may well be worth you buying one new there, especially given that it isn't a dual voltage amp and you would most likely need to lug a pretty heavy transformer around so as to be able to play through it.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this, but if the headcase is still available in a month or two when I'm back on my feet after Christmas, I might be able to take it off your hands.

psyklone

Reaction score
wish i had the cash for this lol i dream about this amp all the time =]

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
Hey man

I'm assuming you're only interested in a cash sale and no trades right?

Sorry about the lapse in time mate, I'm very specific on what I would trade for to be honest, only thing I'd realistically be interested in trading for is an AxeFX or a Carvin 727/747.

Sorry to bump this, but if the headcase is still available in a month or two when I'm back on my feet after Christmas, I might be able to take it off your hands.

Cool, let me know man.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
One final bump on this, as it will be going on eBay within a couple of weeks, I really don't want to do that but I guess I'll have too.

I'm going to say that I'm willing to sell within the EU as long as the buyer sorts out the shipping themselves. Also I'm dropping the price to £1400 alone or £1500 including the flight case.

federock90

Reaction score
this amp is delicious man!!wish I had the money but i just spent it in a carvin Legacy head..Love your music man!
federico

SplinteredSoul

7 String FTW
Reaction score
One final bump on this, as it will be going on eBay within a couple of weeks, I really don't want to do that but I guess I'll have too.

I'm going to say that I'm willing to sell within the EU as long as the buyer sorts out the shipping themselves. Also I'm dropping the price to £1400 including the flight case.

Sorry man, I did offer to buy it, but didn't hear from you, so I went and got one new. Good luck with it though. To any potential viewer, it really is the ultimate amp. I don't regret buying it at all! Although I'd recommend getting an Orange cab to go with it rather than the Engl 4x12, as it really does make it sound even better .... which I didn't think was possible!

SplinteredSoul

7 String FTW
Reaction score
Sincerely sorry about that mate, it was just really unfortunate timing as when you replied, I didn't have very good access to the internet, so it went criminally unnoticed!

I know how that can be. No worries man, I'll let people know you're selling one and see if I can help find you a buyer :D

Nialzzz

The Perseus Veil
Reaction score
Hey petey.
Hope the band is going really well. I was expecting you to have the diezel by now. Nollys is beast. Haha.

The axe fx is a mint bit of kit. The ultra being the one you would go for. What would you be running it for? I know it's cheaper, but the new pod x3 pro is pretty insane. Should take a look.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
Hey petey.
Hope the band is going really well. I was expecting you to have the diezel by now. Nollys is beast. Haha.

The axe fx is a mint bit of kit. The ultra being the one you would go for. What would you be running it for? I know it's cheaper, but the new pod x3 pro is pretty insane. Should take a look.

Hey mate, well Nolly actually sold his Diezel VH4 after, in one of our practices, he A/B'd the VH4 with the AxeFX on the VH4 simulation through the VH4 poweramp, and there was next to no difference at all. He now has the AxeFX and a VHT 2-50-2 for live situations as well as using the AxeFX for recording.

I'm going to do the same thing, almost entirely because it's easier for transportation, but also because it means having our recording sound and being able to run it directly to the PA system. Thanks for the recommendation but Line6 stuff REALLY isn't my thing, I've had a life long dislike of it and every time I play through anything Line6 I never feel any better toward it.

littlemurph7976

Reaction score
If this hasnt gone by August after Ive sold my amp + cab, Im totally going to nab this.

I really like your band BTW, really excited to see what you and Nolly are going to come up with for your Mini-Album thingy :cheers:

/fanboy

')