Ukraine (sorry?)

• Thread starter marshallH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marshallH

Wears Guitar Too Low
Reaction score
I understand the whole government overthrowing thing is probably a sensitive subject. I was just wondering if anybody had any information on how the general public that isn't out in the streets fighting is doing? Does it affect you guys very much? Are there any people from Ukraine on this forum? Is there even internet there right now? Has the situation gotten worse? Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Q

The Engineer
Reaction score
Far right wing bastards in cahoots with the cops. Bastards!

Makes sense I guess... The cops are not here to protect you, their job is to protect those who pay their salaries. 99% chance you are not a member of that club...

....ing world we live in...

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
My parents are from Soviet Ukraine and my grandparents still live there. Terrible to hear about all this crap out there.

Andrew Romanov

Reaction score
Far right wing bastards in cahoots with the cops. Bastards!

Makes sense I guess... The cops are not here to protect you, their job is to protect those who pay their salaries. 99% chance you are not a member of that club...

....ing world we live in...
Don't believe everything you see on the internet. What happens in Ukraine now is just another revolution organized by ... I guess you know who. The police do not even have a right to use firearms now.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Don't believe everything you see on the internet. What happens in Ukraine now is just another revolution organized by ... I guess you know who. The police do not even have a right to use firearms now.

Do tell who are responsible for the shootings, I'd like to hear the Russian version of events. European media has quite a uniform coverage after all.

Andrew Romanov

Reaction score
Do tell who are responsible for the shootings, I'd like to hear the Russian version of events. European media has quite a uniform coverage after all.
Well, I won't make any conclusions, they are up to you. I'll just add a couple of facts european media prefer to be silent about.
1) Leaders of the opposition
a) Arseniy Yacenuk - leader of Batkovschina party. Which is a member of European people's party. One of the main points of his politics is to exclude Russian language from the list of national languages. Remember - most of the people in Kiev (for example) use Russian as their first language. And a HUGE amount of people have roots in Russia.
b)Vitaly Klichko - a boxer, citizen and taxpayer of Germany, lives there. He is the leader of "Udar" party. In the list of partners on their official website we can find International Republicans Institute (chairman John McCain)
c) Oleg Tyagnibok - "Svoboda" party - ultra right (read nazi) political figure. Supports all the violent actions taken against the police. Believes in his personal hero who fought on the side of Hitler's forces in WW II.

So, plenty of good guys fighting for freedom here, huh?

2) These horrible events start after Ukrainian government's decision to stop the process of eurointegration.

3) Opposition people on a daily basis have meetings with politicans from USA and Europe to coordinate their actions.

4) Like I said, the police don't have a right to use firearms. Who shoots then - who knows...

5) The eastern part of Ukraine is against the actions taken by the opposition. People from Krym administration even mentioned they will separate from Ukraine if the government fails.

6) A police arsenal was captured and now the weapons are being used on the streets.

7) There is a video of John McCain filming Maidan square on his cellphone not long before these events.

These are just a few of many examples. I'm not defending the government though - it is responsible for all of this.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Thanks for the input :) It does appear, as I feared, that official Russia is taking the current government's side there. Hopefully we don't see the military enforcing peace there, but it strongly looks like it will happen soon. From here it doesn't seem there even is an opposition, things have gone too far by now.

Andrew Romanov

Reaction score
Thanks for the input :) It does appear, as I feared, that official Russia is taking the current government's side there. Hopefully we don't see the military enforcing peace there, but it strongly looks like it will happen soon. From here it doesn't seem there even is an opposition, things have gone too far by now.
No problem ;)
What other choices do our government have? They say they won't perform any actions without mutual agreement. Ukranians are our brothers, my neighbour's mother lives in Lvov, so it's more than painful to watch what's happening there. There is no opposition - there are people who want to take the country apart. And I'm afraid they will succeed.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
7) There is a video of John McCain filming Maidan square on his cellphone not long before these events.

Signifying what exactly? Are you insinuating that he was there performing reconnaissance of some sort? Because that would be fuggin' hilarious :lol:.

I'm sure if the government wanted to get footage of a populated and well-trafficked area in another country, they'd send a high-profile politician and formal presidential candidate to take pictures with his phone, not an undercover CIA agent, a native informant, or one of the muiltimillion dollar spy satelites the government has to take pictures of pretty much any place they want, unimpeded.

Hell, they could use Google Earth :lol:.

Andrew Romanov

Reaction score
Signifying what exactly? Are you insinuating that he was there performing reconnaissance of some sort? Because that would be fuggin' hilarious :lol:.

I'm sure if the government wanted to get footage of a populated and well-trafficked area in another country, they'd send a high-profile politician and formal presidential candidate to take pictures with his phone, not an undercover CIA agent, a native informant, or one of the muiltimillion dollar spy satelites the government has to take pictures of pretty much any place they want, unimpeded.

Hell, they could use Google Earth :lol:.
To be honest I don't know why he did that ))) Anyways no need to use satellites or CIA there - that was just a friendly visit to support democracy :wavey:

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Its weird. It seems like every time I see this conversation people actually from the Ukraine and Russia seem to say "Don't believe the media," which makes me question whats really going on. False reporting is not uncommon to hide some sort of agenda as we've seen in the past. It's really about who has the power to get the information they want out there. I don't really know what to believe.

I'm unsure of whats going on, and consider myself not informed so I'll stay out of this conversation, until I read more into this but I just wanted to bring up how strange that was. Either way, stay safe our Ukrainian friends!

Talmaci

Reaction score
I'm from Moldova (neiborhood country of Ukraine) and I have a lot of relatives in Ukraine. I would like to say you that media demonstrates a lot of fictitious stories. Police was not shooting people on the streets... this is a dirt provocation. There is also very interesting fact - all the demonstrators and activists are alcoholics, crazy young boys that want to play 'war', homeless and uneducated people. They came at the protests to get money. The intelligent part of population has another ideals and dreams. They don't need this awful chaos! And this people is much closer to Europeans than crazy activists that even don't want to work.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Russian forces are mobilized at the Ukrainian border, not looking too good.

An unknown armed guerilla took control of the parlement. Uncomfirmed yet if it was a russian called act, but the russian flag is flowing over place...

Now that Sotchi is over, time for a war? :ugh:

necronile

Reaction score
I'm from Moldova (neiborhood country of Ukraine) and I have a lot of relatives in Ukraine. I would like to say you that media demonstrates a lot of fictitious stories. Police was not shooting people on the streets... this is a dirt provocation. There is also very interesting fact - all the demonstrators and activists are alcoholics, crazy young boys that want to play 'war', homeless and uneducated people. They came at the protests to get money. The intelligent part of population has another ideals and dreams. They don't need this awful chaos! And this people is much closer to Europeans than crazy activists that even don't want to work.

Dont know if its the police or not,but someone is indeed shooting unarmed people

metallatem

Reaction score
We in the USA are blessed to have peace as our normal state, much of the rest of the world does not.

Latest posts

')