Un-metal un-7er here

• Thread starter henrebotha
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

henrebotha

Reaction score
So really, I'm mostly here because I expect to find a community dedicated to and inspired by:
1) new and interesting ways of making music;
2) advanced instrumental technique; and
3) brutal djent.

:D

I'm from South Africa, and no I do not live in a mud hut with my pet giraffe. I'm a 20-year-old white male student of sound engineering and classical composition who dreams of making a career (and a name) for himself in avant-garde rock music.

Hi.

edit: Guess I should say something about my instrumental skill... I've been playing piano for about 12 years, and guitar for around 6 or 7. I also played alto sax for a while. Guitar-wise, I'm a decent funk player and I play a lot of rock stuff (Muse, Incubus, Radiohead, etc etc), though I've worked much more on rhythm than on lead. Basically I'm here because I'm interested in learning to play moar chugga and also to jack up my skill as a lead player. I listen to some "alternative metal" bands like Tool, and recently got into Opeth and Kayo Dot, all of whom have sounds I want to assimilate into my vocabulary.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:

I fucking love Kayo Dot btw, they don't get the attention they deserve.
Toby Driver=awesomeness

henrebotha

Reaction score
Toby Driver is a freaking god, man. A friend of mine has been vacationing in the States for the past few weeks, and he got to see Driver play live... Man, I envy him.

In fact Kayo Dot is so mind-blowingly amazing that I haven't even really listened to Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue, or the Kayo Dot track on the split with Bloody Panda, or any of maudlin of the Well, or any of Driver's solo stuff*, just because Choirs Of The Eye is so FACE-MELTINGLY AWESOME. Marathon and The Manifold Curiosity are my favourite tracks... That epic freaking clarinet climax at around 04:30 in Curiosity makes me shit my pants every time.

*edit: or even Sixty Metonymies. Yes, really.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, check out maudlin of the Well soon though, they are really awesome too.
I've got all 3 of their albums and all are fucking amazing.

I don't have any Toby Driver solo stuff yet either, a situation I need to rectify soon.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
You must get a pet giraffe, and build a mud hut mansion with ultra high ceilings, only then can you be deemed tr00.

Welcome! :wavey:

')