Undecided on mix style (Riffy riffs ripping off Haunted Shores, Corelia, Veil of Maya)

Which one?

• Mix 1

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mix 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm currently working on a few songs and began experimenting a bit with new drum libraries and mix styles, but still can't decide which one is working better before fully comitting towards it. What do you think?
Same bass, master and guitar sounds for both, but the overall balance and drums are changed

Guitars are Neural Gojira (amp 3, cab 2, 57 and 184 mics), bass is Submission Punk Bass

Mix 1 is my usual formula, IMO, big sounding but a bit messy. Lows might be excessive

Mix 2 IMO sounds clearer, but at the same time loses some of the excitement of mix 1

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
(Listening on laptop speakers): I'm not going to be too helpful, because both mixes sound great. I'd go mix 2 due to clarity. Mix 1 has a bit more congestion in the mids.

*Is there some weird volume spike at 0:02 with mix 1? Maybe a weird compression artifact?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
(Listening on laptop speakers): I'm not going to be too helpful, because both mixes sound great. I'd go mix 2 due to clarity. Mix 1 has a bit more congestion in the mids.

*Is there some weird volume spike at 0:02 with mix 1? Maybe a weird compression artifact?
thanks a lot <3

I hear that on mix 1 mids/highs, something around 2K-3K, definitely the character of the room/cymbals of the different drum libraries (GGD Modern & Massive with tons of processing for mix 1, GGD PV for mix 2 with a way simplier approach)

Regarding the artifact; there is a bass drop on both mixes, I think that's fucking up Soundcloud added compression because I only here it there, not when playing the file directly

Another producer friend told me he preferred the overall vibe of mix 1, so I think this is definitely getting into the "just preference" territory

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
thanks a lot <3

I hear that on mix 1 mids/highs, something around 2K-3K, definitely the character of the room/cymbals of the different drum libraries (GGD Modern & Massive with tons of processing for mix 1, GGD PV for mix 2 with a way simplier approach)

Regarding the artifact; there is a bass drop on both mixes, I think that's fucking up Soundcloud added compression because I only here it there, not when playing the file directly

Another producer friend told me he preferred the overall vibe of mix 1, so I think this is definitely getting into the "just preference" territory
Yes, both mixes are great, you can't go wrong with either!

I really dislike Soundcloud for just these reasons. I haven't spent enough time with the site, but for whatever reason, YouTube doesn't mess with a mix as much as Soundcloud.