Uneven Structure debut release date announced!

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
So...

I don't know about all you mighty fine people, players, shredders, djentlemen and djentlewomen, stoners, hellraisers and spectators, but personally I've been looking forward to the debut from Uneven Structure for quite some time now! :)

Since I follow both Uneven Structure and their record company, Basick Records, on FaceBook I got these news straight away, and now I want to share them with anyone interested who haven't heard about it or just has some kind of interest in this specific band!

Therefore I present to you:

Basick Records - News - UNEVEN STRUCTURE release 'FEBRUUS' October 31st!

I seriously have goose bumps and cold sweat right now! I've been looking forward to this for so long and now it's finally appearing in the horizon! I'm so totally going to die when I hear this!
biggrin.gif

You are more than welcome to post your thoughts about this release and this band in this thread :)

Thank you ^^

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I find them a bit bland, not bad, but I feel like I've heard this stuff a million times. And I love the genre usually.
I'll check 'em live if they come near me in the future.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I find them a bit bland, not bad, but I feel like I've heard this stuff a million times. And I love the genre usually.
I'll check 'em live if they come near me in the future.
Hmmm, I feel the complete opposite. Personally I've never heard anything like Uneven Structure, so their whole approach to music is new and fresh for me. There's a lot of djent bands out there, but I find that only a little handful of them have accomplished making their own sound. Uneven Structure is one of them :)

But if you know bands with similar sound please tell me. I'm still kinda new to the djent phenomenon (aside from jumping on the Vildhjarta, Periphery, Textures, Monuments, TesseracT, Uneven Structure bandwagon!)! xD

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm listening a lot to the last Xerath album at the moment, pretty good and the last Synthetic Breed is good too. I'll check Uneven Structures new material, maybe I'll like it more than the 8 EP :)

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I've been looking forward to this for quite some time! I wasn't really a fan of their first release "8", which was apparently just leftover riffs to hold people over until this came out. But since I heard the first Februus update, and saw that they changed singers and the style was more layered and ambient, I got interested in them again.

Cnev

Reaction score
I didn't like 8 at all, but I am super stoked for this album. Worc's EP still is my favorite thing to come out of the djent movement, and from what I have heard of Februus thus far, it seems to have the same vibe. Can't wait!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I didn't like 8 at all, but I am super stoked for this album. Worc's EP still is my favorite thing to come out of the djent movement, and from what I have heard of Februus thus far, it seems to have the same vibe. Can't wait!

I was under the impression that EP was some of the material that will be used for the album, merely instrumental and unfinished.

dantel666

Reaction score
Now all I need is the Vildhjarta album release date and I will be happy.

Cnev

Reaction score
I was under the impression that EP was some of the material that will be used for the album, merely instrumental and unfinished.

If I can remember correctly, I think it was intended as a prelude to Februus, but I don't know if the songs were actually written for use on the album.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can remember correctly, I think it was intended as a prelude to Februus, but I don't know if the songs were actually written for use on the album.
I read somewhere that the "When The Day Forms" EP by worC was supposed to follow the story of a life being born in a perfect world without anger, fear and misery. The "Februus" is supposed to take that story and follow the being through a life filled with problems.
I don't know if this is correct though?

But this confirms that it's a prelude to "Februus"
Uneven Structure guitarist Aurélien Pereira, AKA worC, has released his instrumental solo EP 'When The Day Forms'. The five track EP is intended as a 'prelude to Februus', Uneven Structure's upcoming debut full-length album.
and I found this
worC is the solo project of French guitarist/producer Auré Pereira (Uneven Structure). This EP has been highly anticipated and has only just recently been released. This album is supposed to be the precursor to what the concept of Uneven Structure's full-length album will be.
From someone that's been following Pereira's work for a while now, all I can say is that this album does not disappoint. The tracks and demos that Pereira has released so far have been praised for their unique ambiance and texturing while retaining a heavy, Meshuggah-influenced groove. The cleaner guitar work has also been a unique trait of Pereira's demos, as his lead-work is done mostly on cleaner guitar.
This EP, as stated above, is supposed to be the prelude to what happens in his main band's debut "Februss." The entire five tracks on here all flow together in a way that, obviously, makes it feel like a single piece. This EP certainly demonstrates the all the sounds that have been present on the demos and songs before hand, namely the heavy grooves, opener Grene, to more atmospheric, Polymet, and even the overwhelming walls of sound, Velacit.
Overall, this EP is a total success for myself anyway, and only serves to enforce Pereira's unique spot in the metal world right now. This EP definitely showcases some of the best instrumental tech metal/djent so far this year. This is definitely an album that everyone should check out, it's short so it shouldn't take that much of your time, definitely look into this.
Overall Score: 8
oh yeah, and then I wanted to say that I'm one of the few people who liked the "8" EP. I heard it countless times and often fallen asleep to it at night too. With that said, I thoroughly enjoy the direction they've taken with "Februus". From what I've heard so far I think this have to potential to be the best record I've ever heard!
I don't wanna get my hopes up though! Would be a shame to jinx it! xS

Cnev

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about there being a backstory to his EP, but very cool. Appreciate the info.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
I cant beleive most of you guys didnt like the 8 EP, I thought it was absolutely fantastic.
Februus is just going to be even better

Sikthness

Reaction score
I cant beleive most of you guys didnt like the 8 EP, I thought it was absolutely fantastic.
Februus is just going to be even better

Its not that its bad, its just djent by the numbers in a way. I listened to it for a bit when it came out, and to be honest the first teaser for Februus is 10X better than everythin on the 8 EP put together. Februus is going to be a huge step up from 8, if the teasers are any indication

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
where did you see this?
There are various live pictures out there where they use downtuned 7's. If I remember correctly I think it was worC who used a Schecter Damien 7 and Igor who used an Ibanez 7?
I also saw a tab for "Frost" where the guitars supposedly were tuned in drop G# on 7strings, which makes sense to me when listening closely.

But they still use 8's alongside the 7's though! ;)

EDIT:
Here's one of the pictures I was thinking of :)
310118_10150303503789069_537284068_8092737_526664338_n.jpg

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
So, today is the day!
Basick Records has released their official Uneven Structure preorder package, which features the 2 disc digipack album and a special t-shirt, available in 3 different colors, with logo! :)
BASICK RECORDS ONLINE STORE — UNEVEN STRUCTURE

According to Basick Records shipping of the package will begin october the 15th!

Needless to say that my order went in about 1min after the package went online! xD
Can't wait - suuuuuper stoked! :D