Unexpected case of six'r g.a.s. (long story)

• Thread starter Isan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
Well as y'all may know I am selling my s470. The reason i
was selling was to get a seven string.

So i went to guitar center which had ONE seven, and no other good metal guitars to speak of.

From there I went to a local shop. After looking around for a seven I see none. So I then move on to just look at some Ltd's and Ibby's.

First let me say how awesome this shop is , Ibanez-wise they had 2 Xiphos, 1 SZR720,and abunch of other new goodies, but what got me was their Ltd's, they had: a MH400 in bright blue quilt, a MH-1000 in DBSB, a EC-500 in white, a Viper 400 in red, a FX-260, and FX-400.

So I played the viper and ec500 and disliked both very much, they were uncomfortable at best.

I tried the mh400 next, it is a beautiful guitar, the comfort and sound of it was equally beautiful, but I am not comfortable with a non-zr trem (especially LFR).

So then I tried the MH 1000, and may I say it is a ASTOUNDING guitar. Comfortable, beautiful, and WAY to expensive for me.

Moving right along after having my hopes dashed,I decide to play the FX-400 , I picked it up and I was astounded, sheer brilliance, This guitar not only looked cool but played like a dream, it was way better than the mh1000, and the looks are all I could ever want. Unlike some guitars this looks awesome and is awesome to play (I AM TALKING TO YOU MR.XIPHOS)
Then I see the tag, 600$. Not too bad but my parents will kill me if spend that much on "ANOTHER DAMN GUITAR" lol.

I was crushed, but then a ray of hope popped into my mind FX-260. So I grab the FX-260 off the wall. It looks just as amazing but it's neck feels the same (excluding the neck heal which is not smooth, but no big deal), but there was a noticeable amount of fret buzz. This really disappointed me, but I think it could be fixed with a good setup/ if I played through a amp this might have also resolved it.

The 260 is only 389$ so my S470 should cover it, but I have my doubts about the 260.

So is the extra ~200$ worth the real EMGs and perfect setup, or should I just go with the 260 if I can cure the fretbuzz. ( I probably won't be able to buy the 400 either way, do to the parents :/)

Thanks,
CR

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
get the FX-400.

my buddy has the MH-1000 deluxe, that thing is a damn fine guitar! doesnt feel quite right to me though.

i want an EC1000, twas a nice guirat!

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
I can whole heartedly say the 400 series and above are about flawless to me. The 200s never really felt quite as...solid? as the better models.

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
Ight the 400 it is.
One question though, should a used one be just about as good(is ltd QC good enough to buy used)?

Latest posts

')