UNGD...RGA8...

• Thread starter 1longhorn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1longhorn

Reaction score
Yeah, there I was, happy as a pig in shit, for I had just received my new RGA8. Then I opened the box. :scream: :scream: :scream:
The "Fixed Edge III-8 Bridge" wasn't so fixed. The fucking anchor screw was stripped and the bridge was face down and ass up. Normally a good thing (heh, heh, heh), but not so for my harlot of an RGA8...reamed-out when I got her. Obviously a design flaw, come on Ibanez, sink a fucking stainless molly in there to anchor the bridge.
Alas, return her I must:realmad:. Such is life.
Rant complete: thought y'all might like to know

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Awe that sucks dude. You gonna get an exchange or just return it? If its a problem because its a cheaper guitar built to lower standards that totally blows because I think the RGA8 looks way better than the 2888. Havent seen anyone else with problems at all though, they all said it was built pretty nicely.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
i got some hands on time with an RGA7 a few days ago and it fels great. i can only imagine the RGA8 feels nearly the same but only better. if it didnt come in only black, i might be going for one of those.

this sucks man, hope you get a great replacement in a jiffy. nothing is worse than waiting for a peice of music gear, and when it finally arrives, it doesnt work!

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Yup this is the second occurrence of the stripped bridge screw issue. Hope that mine doesn't share the same fate.

Otaraxia

Reaction score
Yeah, there I was, happy as a pig in shit, for I had just received my new RGA8. Then I opened the box. :scream: :scream: :scream:
The "Fixed Edge III-8 Bridge" wasn't so fixed. The fucking anchor screw was stripped and the bridge was face down and ass up. Normally a good thing (heh, heh, heh), but not so for my harlot of an RGA8...reamed-out when I got her. Obviously a design flaw, come on Ibanez, sink a fucking stainless molly in there to anchor the bridge.
Rant complete: thought y'all might like to know

Uh huh...This also happened to me man. We should start a support group.:lol:

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust :( Sorry man. A few people on these boards having the same problems. Hopefully it's just an early model hickup. Best of luck!

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
This can't be good rep for Ibanez, especially when theyre trying to tap into a whole new form of the guitar. This isn't the first I've heard of the 8 stringer's having bridge issues either (aside form the board). :shrug:

Otaraxia

Reaction score
I agree! Same happened to me tonight lol.

Awe....Fuck!!!!:noplease: We shall have ours!!!! Soon we shall have ours!!!!!!! :evil:And, we will meet in the wee hours, and we will conspire against those who call themselves Ibanez. Serenity now!!! Serenity now!!!!!!:scream:

Richardscuro

Reaction score
That sucks Bro. Like a lot of people have said, I'm sure that this is a first run problem that will be fixed. I hope you get a keeper when you get your next one.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow that sucks. There's nothing worse than opening up a new guitar and finding it busted up :(

Also REALLY sucks that this is looking like a fairly common problem.

Sy01

Behold my >8C
Reaction score
Oh man...I had a similar problem with mine. I got it 2 months back, and it was great for about a day, then the action dropped so much that the strings were buzzing at every fret. I very carefully adjusted it as the manual said, and once I'd put the strings back on (lower than standard tuning, too) the anchor screw snapped out. Returned it and was expecting the replacement to come today; but I got an email saying the delivery date had changed. The website I got it from now lists the guitar as "available June 30th", when it was originally "March 30th". I'm wondering if Ibanez has started product recalls on it.

Davids

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

.........................................................................................................

From where you get that. Did you not check when you buy it? or if you bought it from internet then its warning to that don't buy things like this from internet. Its my personal experience.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

.........................................................................................................

From where you get that. Did you not check when you buy it? or if you bought it from internet then its warning to that don't buy things like this from internet. Its my personal experience.
This has happened to other RGA8's, after being bought in perfect condition, and shipped from Ibanez. It's not his fault. It's a design flaw in the initial run of RGA8 guitars, and the Edge IIIFX8 bridge. Give the guy a break.
And, as a supporter of rondomusic.com, and the Agile guitar brand, I can tell you, I've bought two guitars off of the internet, and have only had positive experiences with them.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Interesting choice for a first post.:scratch:

The grammar nazi in me is going crazy right now.

From where you get that? Did you not check when you bought it? If you bought it from internet then it's a warning to not buy things like this from internet. It's my personal experience.

Well, that's a little better. Though it still has some odd sentence structure.:lol:

Latest posts

')