Unmastered track from my bands EP. (Isis, Mastodon, Intronaut, Russian Circles fans.)

• Thread starter CynicEidolon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
I was hesitant to post this since most of you don't understand what an "unmastered" track sounds like but, for those of you that know what it's like, I want to share. (Holy run-on sentence batman!) This is the first song off my band BREA's EP. It's called "Senator". Again, unmastered, low in volume. Still has PLENTY of punch. www.facebook.com/breaband

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69633775/Brea%20Mixes/1%20-%20Senator%20(Final%20Test%202).mp3

Nothing here has been replaced, sampled, triggered, emulated. Nothing. Real people. Real amps. Real drums. REAL REVERB even. Haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
I was hesitant to post this since most of you don't understand what an "unmastered" track sounds like but, for those of you that know what it's like, I want to share.

Most is probably a bit harsh... :rolleyes:

Not bad though. Not bad at all...

Need to work on that bass tone a bit though I would say, it's a little "boingy"...

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
I agree with that. It's a hard instrument to work with being a 5 string baritone fretless. Heh. But, we were happy with the results. The fact that the bass can be heard to be too boingy is good with us. Haha

EmpulseOrange

Reaction score
A new fan here! I can def hear the Isis and Intronaut influences as well as your own thing going on. I actually like the bass sound, maybe just turn it down a fuzz in some parts, get it mastered, and take over Isis's spot in the scene! I think yall could do it! Props dude.

I WANT A COPY OF THE EP! Please get ahold of me when it is finished!

THANK YOU!

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
Thanks, man! Means a lot. Just keep up with us on the all-powerful Facebook and you'll be in the know. We will be shipping EP's world wide once it is released. Cheap!

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
I just A/B'd this with the master track at the studio. I'm not sure if it's my shitty encoder or Dropbox but, this MP3's is muddy as fuck.

')