Unpopular opinions on gear

• Thread starter Spaced Out Ace
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
and part of my not liking the products is the financial aspect of it, people going nuts for the NEW axe fx III, and preordering it? when a standard which honestly could do whatever i'd need for amp sims i'd assume can be gotten for about what?... 600? or so depending?

n64 is an excellent product, there's stores dedicated to selling those and ps2's, i was or thought i was or think i was an absolutely excellent killer in golden eye, i mean split screen and throwing mines in people's faces come on!!!!

I'm glad we're all civil and not smearing shit and placing pipe bombs or doxing one another because of disagreements,

destroying the fabric of any sense of reliable basis for a society you feel or know you can be apart of, part of fascism is the weakling who's excluded because they're thought to be too strong to be free, therefore lionized killed smeared with shit and burned to the ground

ugh

how's canada these days?
Uhhh... Do you need me to get you taken in for a psych eval for a few days so you don't do anything irrational? I'm not even sure what you're on about? You went from talking to Axe FX standards and N64s to... doxing, pipe bombs, and fascism?

You alright, bro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
New Epiphone and Squier are legit.

Had some hilarious arguments on IG with people saying their "proper strats" that are MIM are far superior. Am I the only one that gets how dumb that shitty opinion is? Lol

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score

Had some hilarious arguments on IG with people saying their "proper strats" that are MIM are far superior. Am I the only one that gets how dumb that shitty opinion is? Lol
I love Mexican Fenders. I would take a classic series or classic player over American standard any day.

But Squier got their shit going for a while now. The classic vibe and vintage modified guitars are really good.

I haven't played an epiphone since like 2004 tho.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I love Mexican Fenders. I would take a classic series or classic player over American standard any day.

But Squier got their shit going for a while now. The classic vibe and vintage modified guitars are really good.

I haven't played an epiphone since like 2004 tho.

Specifically the 2020 Epiphone and Squier guitars have taken a huge leap forward in production quality control, features, and playability. You definitely need to give them a try.

My Squier CME/Andertons LE Classic Vibe Jazzmaster is so good it gets equal play with my Schecter USA NJ.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Djent tones are easier and better when they're on old out of date modeling gear rather than dropping thousands on the newest amp modelers.

Yep. The POD X3, POD HD, and even the old 11 Rack can do that thin, annoying ass midrange and fizzy high end in spades.

Hell even some of the older ones, too. I got a mid-late 2000s Squier Standard and it's a killer guitar. And for sure will keep my eyes on a Jazzmaster.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score

I've never really cared for Epiphone because they used to be their own thing and just got turned into the cheap Gibsons. That being said, I have an Epi acoustic, and I just ordered a Wilshire.

Matt08642

Reaction score
I love my PRS Torero, but PRS easily came up with the fucking stupidest control layout possible for trem-equipped guitars:

upload_2021-1-13_9-8-37.png

If I flick the bar out of the way it almost always lands covering the awkward blade selector switch, and I can't sneak around it due to the vol and tone blocking me from every direction

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Sometimes, I find playing on the middle pickup (single coil) to be the best option, particularly on an SSS guitar. This way, you can go middle/neck, or middle/bridge, and get an in between setting. Alternately, you can go bridge for a brighter tone, and neck for a darker tone, with you middle pickup being the Goldilocks setting. It's the best... of... both... worlds.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I love my PRS Torero, but PRS easily came up with the fucking stupidest control layout possible for trem-equipped guitars:

View attachment 88938

If I flick the bar out of the way it almost always lands covering the awkward blade selector switch, and I can't sneak around it due to the vol and tone blocking me from every direction
Not related to your struggle but Jesus I miss my Torero sometimes. What a fuckin ripper that guitar was.

Latest posts

')