Unpopular opinions on gear

• Thread starter Spaced Out Ace
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
That's not all that unpopular. A lot of people block the trem.

But if Fender made them the right way you wouldn't have to block the trem. I know plenty of people that play Strats and like 1 that uses the bar. But no...there's just '70s Strats, the really overpriced Tom Delonge ones, and I think like one current sig model.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
22 fret guitars are not better than 24 fret guitars, and that neck pickup placement doesn't necessarily make it sound any better (different isn't always better). I for one would much prefer having at least 24 frets on my guitars, anyway.

Not sure how well or how poorly that's received here, as a whole, but I know that has irked a fair amount of folks among the older crowd (ie- Fender and Gibson fans) and even a few individuals who are mainly into caveman riffs, surprisingly enough.

Bodes

Reaction score
22 fret guitars are not better than 24 fret guitars, and that neck pickup placement doesn't necessarily make it sound any better (different isn't always better). I for one would much prefer having at least 24 frets on my guitars, anyway.

Not sure how well or how poorly that's received here, as a whole, but I know that has irked a fair amount of folks among the older crowd (ie- Fender and Gibson fans) and even a few individuals who are mainly into caveman riffs, surprisingly enough.

Wait until you see that 25 fretter from Jackson that got posted the other day!

Amendment: resurfaced the other day https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/ngd-jackson-b7-satin-black-with-an-extra-fret-d.291095/

Last edited:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Wait until you see that 25 fretter from Jackson that got posted the other day!

Wait another one, or did someone re-post about it? I remember one from at least a couple months back, and everyone joked that it's where Jackson put the missing one from the 23 fret Kelly from a couple of years ago.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Probably a very unpopular opinion just because I like Strats, but hardtail Strats are better than normal Strats and Fender needs to make more of them.
IIRC, Fender Mod Shop has a hard tail option and Fender (I think) has a couple hard tail models.

I’d go for a hard tail Strat myself, but it feels weird not having a trem on them.

Protestheriphery

Reaction score
Probably a very unpopular opinion just because I like Strats, but hardtail Strats are better than normal Strats and Fender needs to make more of them.
I would extend that sentiment to strat shaped guitars in general. Not enough hardtail hh strat-shaped guitars on the market.

Latest posts

')