Unpopular Opinions

• Thread starter Mortargag
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The BC Rich Draco is the worst "extreme" guitar shape ever created next to the Ignitor.
Dean USA Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein Signature Annihilator enters chat:
annihilator.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
This is more kvlt than anything Varg has ever made

I'd be a little more conflicted about Varg if his music was any good in the first place. Learning that the guy who wrote Kneel to the Cross is a nazi was devastating. Learning that Varg is a nazi just made it even easier to ignore his music.
Dean USA Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein Signature Annihilator enters chat:
View attachment 140845
This guitar gives me eye tetanus.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Being a hired gun in a house band is better than trying to tour. You still get to deal with all of the bullshit that doesn't work at the venue, the asshole sound guy, gear failures, prima donna musicians, and just sucking all the joy out of your life and your love for music...but I bought a custom shop ESP with all the money I saved not going on tour to do the same shit. I mean lets face it, at least I'd get a text about how I had to know a song perfectly in 2 days, at least I got some variety in the songs I'm sick of playing.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
What about anchor boat heavy shaped guitars?

View attachment 140907

Dont mind lookin, wont be hoistin :lol:

Convinced Jaye from cancer bats plays a T40 as workout at this point.

The later T60s at least had a carved body for some weight relief.

I will never forgive myself for sleeping on a $150 T40 with the matching case back in 2018. The prices on these now are insane. There's a T60 in the local pawnshop in absolutely dogshit condition, broken tuners cracked body missing knobs etc, they still want $600 for it lmao fuck off.

Being a hired gun in a house band is better than trying to tour. You still get to deal with all of the bullshit that doesn't work at the venue, the asshole sound guy, gear failures, prima donna musicians, and just sucking all the joy out of your life and your love for music...but I bought a custom shop ESP with all the money I saved not going on tour to do the same shit. I mean lets face it, at least I'd get a text about how I had to know a song perfectly in 2 days, at least I got some variety in the songs I'm sick of playing.

Same but doing DIY (Y mostly being me) local shows. It will never be my main income, but I have all the fun and some months I even pay the bills with noise and that feels pretty damn good.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Same but doing DIY (Y mostly being me) local shows. It will never be my main income, but I have all the fun and some months I even pay the bills with noise and that feels pretty damn good.

My dad has a thing like that going. Best thing about that, he's in his late 60s, so his whole setup is
giphy.gif

I've played more than the 2 genres of music...country and western...so I'm not worthy of playing there.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
The later T60s at least had a carved body for some weight relief.

I will never forgive myself for sleeping on a $150 T40 with the matching case back in 2018. The prices on these now are insane. There's a T60 in the local pawnshop in absolutely dogshit condition, broken tuners cracked body missing knobs etc, they still want $600 for it lmao fuck off.

That’s why I love my T25 Special and T27. All the tone but weigh less and have cool features like a phenolic fretboard, variable tone/split coil circuit, and a heavy mass bridge that looks like it belongs on a bass.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
If you don’t believe your hands are part of the tonal equation, the gear is still playing you.

If you think someone is doing something “for the money”, it’s 100% projection and I suspect you’re willing to sell yourself out for cash or have done it previously, while using the opportunity to hypocritically sling mud.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The Dimarzio Tone Zone 7 (not the 6) tends to get ragged on a lot, but personally I love it. It's tied with the Evo7 as my favorite 7 string pickups.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Did we cover “the neck heel design is not the problem”? Its page 13 i dunno :lol:
Dunno, but guitars with necks that require dissasembly to adjust the truss rod or huge square neck joints in 2024 are guitar cancer. Sometimes I wonder if the guitar crowd is conservative or just plain stupid.

Do you want some meat? Oh, sure but I only like it if I hunt it. With a knife. lol

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Dunno, but guitars with necks that require dissasembly to adjust the truss rod or huge square neck joints in 2024 are guitar cancer. Sometimes I wonder if the guitar crowd is conservative or just plain stupid.

Do you want some meat? Oh, sure but I only like it if I hunt it. With a knife. lol
Define huge square neck joint - a strat?

We have had neckthrus for what, almost 40 years? The alternative is widely available :lol:

+1 to let heel access truss rods requiring neck off to quietly die out. Heel access with thumbwheels a la ebmm or a cutout for the allen key would be fine.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Define huge square neck joint - a strat?

We have had neckthrus for what, almost 40 years? The alternative is widely available :lol:
Yes. And of course there are alternatives (my question wouldn't have been a question if they weren't). The point is why preserve something that has zero positives compared to a more ergonomic design just because we're stubborn conservative fucks.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. And of course there are alternatives (my question wouldn't have been a question if they weren't). The point is why preserve something that has zero positives compared to a more ergonomic design just because we're stubborn conservative fucks.
As the owner of a 1965 style cs strat, its because the classics are still awesome :2c:

')