Unpopular Opinions

• Thread starter Mortargag
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every house is mandated to have framed pictures of Supreme Leader Neil Peart on display.

The Holy Trinity

IMG_3791.jpeg

Three musicians who exist as nine band members at once.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
This is why I always tuned into the local college stations. Discovered a ton of interesting stuff on there in the 90s. The late night shows got exceptionally weird and they were the best when I was out camping and UMASS Amherst's station would have weird ambient shit at night ayeeee

I don't remember which college it's out of, but I have WMBR as one of my presets now when I heard some real oddball shit on the radio during the day time, like death metal on the way to a jobsite but I was for it.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't remember which college it's out of, but I have WMBR as one of my presets now when I heard some real oddball shit on the radio during the day time, like death metal on the way to a jobsite but I was for it.

MIT!

Reactions: MFB

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Every few years I hear about another radio station that tries to do the whole eclectic but popular thing. It never lasts, not ever. The ones who do the different cult hits and weird shit pretty much always last longer, but never last either.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
This is why I always tuned into the local college stations. Discovered a ton of interesting stuff on there in the 90s. The late night shows got exceptionally weird and they were the best when I was out camping and UMASS Amherst's station would have weird ambient shit at night ayeeee
Ahhh yes, the age-old College Radio game; "Is it dead air or is it ambient/drone/noise?" I had more than a handful of calls to my Monday morning 8am drone metal show (gotta hit that drive time commute) to politely inform me I had dead air in the middle of a 12-minute SUNN or Monarch! track.

Rubbishplayer

Forgive the typos...I'm all thumbs on this thing..
Reaction score
The Holy Trinity

View attachment 148583

Proud to say that I saw them on their Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals and Grace Under Pressure tours. Fucking brilliant and a genuine musical highpoint in my life.

Legends.

tedtan

Reaction score
The Holy Trinity

View attachment 148583

Proud to say that I saw them on their Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals and Grace Under Pressure tours. Fucking brilliant and a genuine musical highpoint in my life.

Legends.
And they never cancelled a show over a missing laptop like those twats in Falling Into Their Own Ass. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh yes, the age-old College Radio game; "Is it dead air or is it ambient/drone/noise?" I had more than a handful of calls to my Monday morning 8am drone metal show (gotta hit that drive time commute) to politely inform me I had dead air in the middle of a 12-minute SUNN or Monarch! track.

media

EDIT: I hate this site's embed function

')