Unprocessed?

• Thread starter Marv Attaxx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
I`ve been following these guys since their album "Covenant" which goes back to 2018 I think. Also liked "Artificial Void", did not really care for "Gold" tho. Some cool stuff going on there but prefered the old heavier stuff. Today they`ve dropped the new record "And Everything In Between" and after my first listen I really dig it :agreed:
Cool mix of old&heavy and the new clean&technical approach, some crazy technical things going on on this record in general. At first I thought I`d prefer a bit more gain on the guitars, now I really like the cleaner and bass-heavy approach for the low-tuned stuff 👌

Intro track:

A track with Tim Henson and Scott LePage (they`ve heavily toured together and did a few collaborations in the past already)

Super tasty solo:

Another cool track:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
I dunno man, sounds very processed to me.
Yeah, no idea why anyone would call their djent-band like that except maybe for being amused by irony :lol:
Anyway, favs after the second playthrough:

And this one just because it`s so weird and I like it for it

TheDandy

Reaction score
This is one of those bands where I recognize that they're technically really good, but none of the songs grab me at all. Manuel is obviously a talented guitarist, just nothing he writes really does anything for me. Sounds like standard metalcore with Polyphia style trap bits every now and then

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That song ft Tim and Scott might be one of the very few times I really didn't vibe with Scott's solo as much as Tim's. Usually much prefer Scott's leads.

I saw Unprocessed open up for Polyphia last year, they didn't really play as much of the technical guitar based songs I was hoping for, it was much heavier live. Agree than Manuel is amazing but the band doesn't do much for me overall.

neurosis

Reaction score
I liked that Noisia drone bass at the beginning. That got me excited. The brighter guitar parts, too... but I do not like the heavier parts. It's all a little boomy/woofy. There are a lot of good ingredients in this but it's a little all over the place in a way that doesn't pull me in. Not for me but respect the talent.

OneTwoThrill

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I dunno man, sounds very processed to me.
Indeed and far too much!
Too much marketing, too much fake boys band from the late 90's (nobody will complain about their disappearance), too much F# 0 0 0 0 0 0 and too much power chords.

Aewrik

Reaction score
Indeed and far too much!
Too much marketing, too much fake boys band from the late 90's (nobody will complain about their disappearance), too much F# 0 0 0 0 0 0 and too much power chords.
Honestly, the first thing that came to mind (as for some reason, I always think with Polyphia) was: "It's not a phase, mom".

I think you're spot on with your analysis. To some modern metal bands it seems to me the music is just there to support their image. It's not about subculture or identity, just marketing and food for the SEO/influencer machine.

I usually don't have too much to say about these things, but posers just make me cringe. Btw, all the lyrics in the last two albums are in first person perspective.
:coffee:

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
'Member when dude posted those IG clips with the Sonic the Hedgehog coin vibrato and was like "It's totally not sped up".
I feel like this music is even safer and less adventurous than Polyphia, while still trying to fit in their shadow on purpose or something. Dude can play, I just don't enjoy the music at all even though I like quite a bit of stuff that most people would probably say sounds just like this.

ExMachina

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What is that dubstep?

Not my cup of tea, it sounds kinda cool I suppose, but it feels like something that's better made just electronically.

gh0styboi

Everybody Poops
Reaction score
They're incredibly talented, but I echo the above sentiments. Nothing sticks with me, and they're very derivative. It's cool and all, but if I wanna listen to Polyphia and AAL, I'll just put them on.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
I've been following same time as OP, and agree I really liked their more standard tech metal sound. Gold was v interesting from a composition view but a bit of a left turn for me (despite following the guitarist/vocalist on IG and knowing this is what his style has been like recently).

Really enjoying the new album, good blend of the above. Manuel's vocals have really improved as well, variety wise.

The deadnote breakdowns were great from a first listen view but are little out there on repeat listens (but still impressive from a percussive pov)

gabito

Advanced power chords user
Reaction score
I've listened to them a few times, but - like Polyphia- I find their music to be overwhelming to my caveman ears. Amazing players, obviously, I have nothing bad to say about them. It's just that I'm into a different kind of music.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
I quite enjoyed their Artificial Void album, but everything after that just got way too cringey for me. They turned into a boyband stealing Polyphia sounds with added heavy parts and I'm not liking it anymore.

j3ps3

Reaction score
Why people want their stuff to sound like midi nowadays? Usch.

')