Unsuccessfully trying to hook up game console, DVD surround, & cable box...

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely just get an HDMI cable for the DVD player. I'm confused as to why you'd use component out on a device with HDMI out. You can get those cables for 5 bucks or less! Online, anyway, best buy probably would try to charge you 40 dollars cause it's a "monster." You could get a new DVD player and an HDMI cable for that some places.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Hey I thought that I read somewhere that if it says "monster", it HAS to be good haha.

Sadly... the reason that you're confused is because I'm a complete idiot with all this lol. Okay... I've prob got another HDMI cable around here. I'll try going that route. Thank you so very much for the help!

Thanks again, AF1! Yes... the DVD player does have an HDMI port so I'll try what you and wankerness are suggesting. Will try to do that tonight after work if I have any energy left.

And again... my genuine appreciation for all the assistance.

AirForbes1

Reaction score
Hey I thought that I read somewhere that if it says "monster", it HAS to be good haha.

Sadly... the reason that you're confused is because I'm a complete idiot with all this lol. Okay... I've prob got another HDMI cable around here. I'll try going that route. Thank you so very much for the help!

Thanks again, AF1! Yes... the DVD player does have an HDMI port so I'll try what you and wankerness are suggesting. Will try to do that tonight after work if I have any energy left.

And again... my genuine appreciation for all the assistance.

Not a problem at all. I'm glad I could help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Okay so my wife loves you guys now. Not sure what kind of relationship y'all can hope to have but that's the long and the short of it. She's now able to play her retro games, then use the remote to switch to DVD or TV/ cable. We did in fact have an HDMI cable and all we needed to do was run the HDMI from the DVD player to the TV and voila! No more RCA b/s.

Seriously. This assistance has been greatly appreciated as I've probably already mentioned... several times lol. Apologies for being so ignorant about all of this and thank y'all for not making me feel stupid.

AirForbes1

Reaction score
Okay so my wife loves you guys now. Not sure what kind of relationship y'all can hope to have but that's the long and the short of it. She's now able to play her retro games, then use the remote to switch to DVD or TV/ cable. We did in fact have an HDMI cable and all we needed to do was run the HDMI from the DVD player to the TV and voila! No more RCA b/s.

Seriously. This assistance has been greatly appreciated as I've probably already mentioned... several times lol. Apologies for being so ignorant about all of this and thank y'all for not making me feel stupid.

Your wife happy = you happy. I'm just glad I could help and it worked out for you guys.

No need to apologize for anything. That's partly why places like this exist. For people to ask questions about stuff they don't know or are unsure about, and hopefully get some help.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I consider myself exceptionally fortunate to have fallen ass-backwards into this relationship so indeed, I want to keep her happy. Thankfully it doesn't take much to put a smile on her face. Sometimes I simply wish that I could help out others on this forum as much as they've helped me. Okay... no apologies... just genuine gratitude. Feels like I should post a pic of something so it's this or the PS2. I figured this one had better aesthetics lol.