Unusual Recurring Themes in Music Videos

• Thread starter Wrecklyss
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
A thread just for fun, I figured i'd start a list of things that appear often in music videos. Whether important to the video or just part of the background a few things i seem to see a lot of include:

Pawn Shops
Run down hotels
Construction sites
Food being cooked
Classic cars/trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
People playing in like deserts or deserted fields. I see that alot. I just think its so funny to see a full band setup in the middle of the desert with amps and mics and all.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a music video with a pawn shop in it.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
How bout all the metalcore bands that put dirt or whatever on the cymbals and when they go into a breakdown do a closeup of all the shit flying off the cymbals?

ayaotd

Reaction score
People playing in like deserts or deserted fields. I see that alot. I just think its so funny to see a full band setup in the middle of the desert with amps and mics and all.

Agreed. Composure by August Burns Red and Say Goodbye by I Killed The Prom Queen we're almost identical videos. Except IKTPQ had a chick running in theirs. Desert/field videos will never end!

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
How bout all the metalcore bands that put dirt or whatever on the cymbals and when they go into a breakdown do a closeup of all the shit flying off the cymbals?

They're just ripping off the glam and hair bands in the 80s that did that with glitter.

Argo

Reaction score
Some girl who's poorly acting like she's depressed as fuck.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
People.

Or someone driving, there is always someone driving.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
Ironic retro themes and 80's cheese, big sunglasses, getting smashed out on the town, close ups of slow motion vibrating strings, and flagrant dance sequences. Not to say I dislike any of these themes, but my eyes are definitely familiar with them...

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
black metal and forests go together like ... well black metal and poor production

MythicSquirrel

#menswear
Reaction score
A thread just for fun, I figured i'd start a list of things that appear often in music videos. Whether important to the video or just part of the background a few things i seem to see a lot of include:

Pawn Shops
Run down hotels
Construction sites
Food being cooked
Classic cars/trucks

Need links to music videos set in pawn shops.

Latest posts

')