Upcoming NGD Schecter

• Thread starter elkoki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
I saw this exact model in the flesh last week in my local guitar /music shop.

Its stunning. WHAT a steal this was. Brilliant score OP and congrats.

These look outstanding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jsmalleus

Reaction score
Just a heads up, if anyone is interested in the orange version of the sls elite with the floyd, it's down to $750 (and might even drop further if you wait).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792HH8WB/?tag=sevenstringorg-20
There is a link below the price as well to have an amazon harmony associate call you (I think it might only appear for prime members from what I've read, but I could be wrong), they ask a question or two and then give you an extra 10% off promo code, takes all of two minutes and will bring it down to about $675 +tax. I tried it out and snagged a c-1 apocalypse on the cheap last night. The harmony thing is available for most instruments sold by amazon (not third party sellers) too.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Just a heads up, if anyone is interested in the orange version of the sls elite with the floyd, it's down to $750 (and might even drop further if you wait).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792HH8WB/?tag=sevenstringorg-20
There is a link below the price as well to have an amazon harmony associate call you (I think it might only appear for prime members from what I've read, but I could be wrong), they ask a question or two and then give you an extra 10% off promo code, takes all of two minutes and will bring it down to about $675 +tax. I tried it out and snagged a c-1 apocalypse on the cheap last night. The harmony thing is available for most instruments sold by amazon (not third party sellers) too.

Just bought one! I'm not a super big fan of the looks (fade, creme binding, and then a light natural back) BUT I've been looking for a good Floyd Rose guitar just to have in my "toolset" and a $1329 guitar at $750 with a 10% instant discount PLUS a 10% Amazon Prime credit card discount is an absolute no brainer. I just bought this guitar for $607 plus tax. :lol:

I'm glad I held off and didn't buy the Banshee Extreme 7 that had its own price slash. This was an even better deal than that.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Deal is gone now that they're sold out (sorry guys). I thought quickly after I saw the post and sent zZounds a price match request. I have a link to a price match from zZounds for $845 if anyone wants to take advantage of that with one of their payment plans. Message me if you want it. First come first serve

scratchNdentPrestige

Reaction score
Slightly OT, but I notice Amazon has the Hellcat VI (30" scale 6 string bass/baritone) for $400.59 (List Price: $1,429.00, normally sell for $1,000). They call it "Schecter 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Ivory Pearl (294)". Not sure if you can get any 10% extra discount on top of that.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Slightly OT, but I notice Amazon has the Hellcat VI (30" scale 6 string bass/baritone) for $400.59 (List Price: $1,429.00, normally sell for $1,000). They call it "Schecter 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Ivory Pearl (294)". Not sure if you can get any 10% extra discount on top of that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0792R1XWN/?tag=sevenstringorg-20

You can probably get the instant 10% code from the Amazon Harmony associate
The 10% Amazon Prime credit card discount isn't available for this one though. Just the normal 5% on all Amazon.com purchases.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
These new fangled pickups and their fancy voicings need a fucking ton of juice. Battarrays! BAT-TAR-AYS!!!

Anyway....random thought, would an FRX work on a Hellcat IV? Bad idea to put trems on 30" scales? Assuming it would fit and align and all that.

Ajaydizzle

Reaction score
Like what? So far I haven't had any issues that I'm aware of
I feel like the Fishmans in mine run out of juice too quick. I mean, they work for a long time, it's just that after a couple practice sessions the balls just drop out of the pickups and they just sound different. Happens when I run it through my Engl Powerball.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I feel like the Fishmans in mine run out of juice too quick. I mean, they work for a long time, it's just that after a couple practice sessions the balls just drop out of the pickups and they just sound different. Happens when I run it through my Engl Powerball.

I can pop a new battery in and they sound the same for me right now and I've been using the same battery for a few months playing the guitar at least 6 hours a week after work

FenderBluesAAA

Reaction score
Ahhhhh!! I wish I saw this sooner. I ordered the fr version new. I Never thought to check Amazon for guitars.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Definitely thicker/Fuller than the Moderns
Voice 1 and 2 of the neck seem more usable than those of the Modern set as well.

I'll post back after getting to test them more
Wait, fuller and thicker? Shit I might have an excuse to try another pair of Fishmans again.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Wait, fuller and thicker? Shit I might have an excuse to try another pair of Fishmans again.

Yeah, the Modern set felt too compressed and like the low end at a certain point was just completely cut off. The Tosin set has the low end back that I feel should be there.

')