Update on the death of Brad Delp.....

• Thread starter garcia3441
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lailer75

Smart Dumby
Reaction score
thats really sad when a special talent punches their own ticket. what get me is barly a mention on radio and t.v. yet some talentless white trash skank shaves her head and thats all i see or here for a fuckin month!!!

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
this is realy sad news :(

thats really sad when a special talent punches their own ticket. what get me is barly a mention on radio and t.v. yet some talentless white trash skank shaves her head and thats all i see or here for a fuckin month!!!

so true

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score

You're listening to the wrong stations. It seemed every time I turned on WAAF they mentioned him.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
heartbreaking. i hate it when anybody does this. not to mention someone with brad's talent. suicide is also a one way ticket to the lake of fire. thats a shame too. i was hoping when i made it to heaven he would be there fronting some massive super group.:( what a sad day.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score

AMEN to that. We are so obsessed as a Nation with incosequential, trivial matters that true items of note get lost in the stack. We heard about Anna Nicole for months and CNN did complete coverage of the court case for her burial in lieu of showing actual news. We have locks of Brittney's hair on ebay and her ugly has-been face all over every magazine.

If he was K-Fed that is all we would have heard about. But because his band hasn't done much on Billboard for a while, he is a byline. Truly sad.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I will always respect anyone's decision to end their life on their own terms - if you honestly and objectively feel that it's better to die than to live, then I don't feel it's my place to tell you that you can't. I'm a firm believer that your right to live goes hand and hand with your right to die, and philosophically speaking, I'd rather see someone make a decision like this than waste away and die an ignomeous-but-"natural" death. I think it's a mroe graceful way to go. :2c:

The tragedy is that the world lost a great musician, not how he died. I almost respect him more for not being afraid to end his life when he saw fit.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Obviously we don't know what factors were at play that led him to make the decision he did, which makes it difficult to judge.
Personally I have no problem with someone choosing to end their life whenever they wish, but it's sad when it's a talent like that, and even sadder when you consider how his family must feel.

I will always respect anyone's decision to end their life on their own terms - if you honestly and objectively feel that it's better to die than to live, then I don't feel it's my place to tell you that you can't. I'm a firm believer that your right to live goes hand and hand with your right to die, and philosophically speaking, I'd rather see someone make a decision like this than waste away and die an ignomeous-but-"natural" death. I think it's a mroe graceful way to go. :2c:

The tragedy is that the world lost a great musician, not how he died. I almost respect him more for not being afraid to end his life when he saw fit.

Agree with everything here, although suicide isn't a decision I'd automatically consider worthy of respect. Like I said, we don't know what other factors were at play here (mental illness etc.).

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Agree with everything here, although suicide isn't a decision I'd automatically consider worthy of respect. Like I said, we don't know what other factors were at play here (mental illness etc.).

While we're about to go horrendously off topic and I'm going to suggest if you want to discuss this further we take it to PM so as not to bore the rest of the board ;) I'd counter that the experience of living by its very nature CAN only be subjective, so in the case of mental illness the only person who can make the decision whether or not it's right to die is, paradoxically, the one suffering from the mental illness.

I'm a hobbyist Nietzsche scholar, so a passing familiarity with Book II of Thus Spoke Zarathustra should give you a pretty good idea where I'm coming from. :yesway:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That begs the argument of him abandoning his family and the people that love him and depend on him.

(Though there's no way I'm getting into that with you. :D )

')