Upgrade Concerns (Schecter Omen-8)

Reaper-X

Reaction score
Sup, duckies?

Short time lurker, first time poster here, and I have a concern:

I bought a Schecter Omen 8 as my first 8 string for the cheap from some guy in the city. I love it, it's fun and I enjoy all that extended range goodness. However, the complaints about the pickups being kinda muddy are rather consistent. So I've decided that I want to swap them out with something more versatile whilst still remaining passive.

Due to some friends who play guitar and a few looks here and there I've decided that I want to opt for a Lace Alumitone X-Bar/Deathbar combo. The problem is choosing which size pickup to get. According to someone at Lace, the 3.5 and 4.0 pickups don't designate version, but size. Which has me wondering: Should I pick the 3.5 or the 4.0 size pickups for my Schecter Omen 8? I've got some hundos burning in ye' olde bank account and I want to make the right choice.

Thanks,

Oslo.

P.S.: Any Deathbar/X-Bar users? How do you feel about them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Action

Reaction score
You'd measure the width of your current pickups in inches and get the deathbar or xbar that corresponds. Example, my schecter 8 came with EMG 808 actives, which are wider than passives, they were 4.0 inches wide and could be replaced with 4.0 lace bars. If your passive pickups and their cavities are 3.5" wide you'd want 3.5" bars.

http://www.lacemusic.com/pdf/DeathXBar.pdf <- exact measurements of the pups you're looking at, should be easy to measure to make sure the routes will accomodate.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
You'd measure the width of your current pickups in inches and get the deathbar or xbar that corresponds. Example, my schecter 8 came with EMG 808 actives, which are wider than passives, they were 4.0 inches wide and could be replaced with 4.0 lace bars. If your passive pickups and their cavities are 3.5" wide you'd want 3.5" bars.

http://www.lacemusic.com/pdf/DeathXBar.pdf <- exact measurements of the pups you're looking at, should be easy to measure to make sure the routes will accomodate.

^this.

Reaper-X

Reaction score

Mine are the stock, schecter, passive pickups. Soapbar pickups.

Reaper-X

Reaction score
You'll want the 4.0 to replace anything soapbar-sized.

So with something like this, get the 4.0?

e99b730f-b0f4-4ed0-af2d-cdc014c9e47a
grF12uB.png
schecter_0%20(1)_5.jpg

grF12uB.png

')