Upgrade from c1 hellraiser

chubby-ol-gangster-core

Reaction score
I've had my schecter c1 hellraiser for about 2 and a half years and decided it just can't stay the way it is. Its been used for deathcore, deathmetal, djent, jazz and ambient (used in drop-c, drop-d, and drop-a#)

a) replace p/u's, get a bone nut, and repaint etc.

b) sell it and get a new guitar (if so, put a suggestion.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Get new pickups!!! I have a hellraiser and I despised the way the EMGs sounded in it. I replaced them with Petrucci Dimarzios. After that....it sounded like a brand new guitar! Refinishing may also help it sound better too.

Word of warning though....your hellraiser will most likely not have a ground wire so you will have to add one.

chubby-ol-gangster-core

Reaction score
i know they don't sell it anymore, but i don't like the sound of it. and I'm looking for an esp, music man (or sterling), agile, fender(humbuckers), or p.r.s. anything else that catches my eye i would consider, but I currently own 2 schecters and looked at the other guitars and I don't want another.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
i know they don't sell it anymore, but i don't like the sound of it. and I'm looking for an esp, music man (or sterling), agile, fender(humbuckers), or p.r.s. anything else that catches my eye i would consider, but I currently own 2 schecters and looked at the other guitars and I don't want another.

Again dude, you just listed five brand names of guitars that are all COMPLETELY different. Not one has a single thing to do with the other, they are just common brand names with multiple different models at multiple different prices. Budget? What do you like in a guitar? What are requirements?

chubby-ol-gangster-core

Reaction score
body wood: mahogany, ash, alder, basswood(with maple top)

trem: both trem and fixed bridge work

Neck settings: as long as the neck joint is smooth and it resonates fine, I have no preference

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
Do you have a preference on body style? (like double cutaway, singlecut, etc.)

Also, do you want to buy new, or would you consider buying used?

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
Well is $700 a firm budget? Because I was going to suggest a MIJ Charvel, either the San Dimas or So Cal model. They're excellent guitars. They have Floyd trems, good pickups, and come in a few different colors. They can be found used for $700-800. Definitely a good buy (I own one myself).

This is the So Cal model with DiMarzios...
DV016_Jpg_Large_H65801.001_snow_white.jpg

and this is the San Dimas with Seymour Duncan pickups.
DV016_Jpg_Large_H65800.002_black.jpg

chubby-ol-gangster-core

Reaction score
It would have to be $700 at max and If it was even cheaper It'd be better because I usually save my money. I've seen some new esp's on ebay from last years run for around $500, I'm going to look back at them, along with some neck-thru ibanez's which I've never seen in store

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to go to Guitar Center or SamAsh and play some guitars man. A LOT of them. Figure out what you like, and what you don't. Then make an educated decision. Because, right now man, no disrespect intended, you are just wanting a name brand on a headstock. There are so many options and guitars to choose from, you really need to go play a bunch and figure out what works for you. And What Doesn't.