URGENT: Schecter Hellraiser question!

• Thread starter InAbsentia_
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I_infect

Reaction score
Why doesn't the 2009 model on the official site have a binding on the Hstock then?

They also say that the tempest is 24 frets... both of mine are 22. Little differences like inlays frets etc are just how they decided to make them that run. Keep in mind the photos on the site are not of actual production guitars, but cg design mockups. By the time things make it into production from design concepts things change. Up until last year Schecter was using very different outdated pics :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to say "don't worry about it", enjoy the guitar, and rock out.

Or send the guitar to me, I could use a superstrat 6. It's got no issues dude, it's all good.

I_infect

Reaction score
It's like the Loomis FR when it first came out. it had a black floyd and nut, but the rest of the hardware was black chrome. It was rumored there was a shortage of black chrome floyds, so they had to use what they used. Now, they are all black chrome. Any better one way or the other? Doubt it. Any more collectible? You'll have guys saying that a certain year is better than the rest, but not me. If anything they work the bugs out after a year or so of production.

InAbsentia_

Reaction score
It's like the Loomis FR when it first came out. it had a black floyd and nut, but the rest of the hardware was black chrome. It was rumored there was a shortage of black chrome floyds, so they had to use what they used. Now, they are all black chrome. Any better one way or the other? Doubt it. Any more collectible? You'll have guys saying that a certain year is better than the rest, but not me. If anything they work the bugs out after a year or so of production.

Hmm, I get you. Cheers for the Schecter trivia. Since you seem to be a Schecter nut, what do you play your Hellraisers through? I've only got a SS Randall RH100, would that do? Some people say EMGs are 'useless' without a tube amp. What'd you say to that?

I_infect

Reaction score
I have randall rh150s, crate blue voodoos, and an engl 530. The randall is great for metal tones, very easy to get a good heavy sound. I really like Randall, plug in and go. Tubes are good too, you get more dynamics out of them, little nuances, but the Randall is a great solid state head.
The thing about EMGs is that they kind of takeover whatever guitar they are in, meaning an EMG will sound like an EMG most of the time, regardless of guitar. Passives like the blackjack'd Duncans sound different because of the amp more than EMGs.

Most people here hate Crate products too, but I love it, so really if it sounds good to you, it is good:shred:

')