Urtidsfader debut album (8 string, 0th octave extreme depressive black metal)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

heathenhotel

Reaction score
Funny that I see this here and it happens that the guy himself is here as well. I came upon this album on rockbox before they decided to shut the place down and kick out a bunch of members that have been seeding and donating for years. I have listened to probably 500+ albums and demos this year and your album made the cut of about 50 that stayed in the rotation. I like black metal but most of the time I hate it more than I love it, I am beyond picky when listening to BM but your album is very good. The song titles are hilariously long, the music is thick, deep and crushing, everything sounds great. It's rare to even hear BM tuned in B never mind played on an 8-9 string. Well done my friend, I was making my top 20 list today for simply sharing and comparing with friends and your album sat at #20 out of the 500+ that I checked out this year. I am only one random dude but those that I have shared it with liked it a lot.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
I too am glad you double posted. I've been looking for something like this, tossed some money your way. Fantastic job! :hbang:

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
You're doing something right. While im not the biggest bm fan, I do appreciate good metal, and you have some good metal tunes.
Thanks man, good to know I hit some notes right!

Well, guess the difference is that we can actually hear that you play the guitar on those tunes and not a dying norwegian goat...:yesway:
Hah! Makes me think of Burzum. I had to put that into cubase and edit it just to be able to listen to it :lol:

This is great! And your "band name" is fantastic! :yesway:
Thanks, I really wanted to have a really trve cvlt sounding name, and the Swedish word for Primordial Father seems pretty damn cvlt!

Funny that I see this here and it happens that the guy himself is here as well. I came upon this album on rockbox before they decided to shut the place down and kick out a bunch of members that have been seeding and donating for years. I have listened to probably 500+ albums and demos this year and your album made the cut of about 50 that stayed in the rotation. I like black metal but most of the time I hate it more than I love it, I am beyond picky when listening to BM but your album is very good. The song titles are hilariously long, the music is thick, deep and crushing, everything sounds great. It's rare to even hear BM tuned in B never mind played on an 8-9 string. Well done my friend, I was making my top 20 list today for simply sharing and comparing with friends and your album sat at #20 out of the 500+ that I checked out this year. I am only one random dude but those that I have shared it with liked it a lot.
Yeah, from what I can tell, rockbox is... unstable to say the least atm. I've used it as a secondary hosting site for my music because of bandcamp's 200 downloads per month limit since around when I released my other project's release "Grotesque", but it's starting to look like I'll need to find another host pretty soon.

I'm glad to hear that even a picky BM fan likes my stuff though! And the song titles are exactly why I love the Swedish language. :D

I too am glad you double posted. I've been looking for something like this, tossed some money your way. Fantastic job! :hbang:
Hey, thanks mate! Really generous of ya! :metal:

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
A rant about Promotion Companies:

So since I released the album last month, I've had 5 promotion companies contact me saying they wanna promote my music. Now, with the first one I thought "cool, wonder what that's about", so I wrote them back to discuss what they wanted from me in this deal. Turns out, their "sole passion" was to share good, unknown metal bands. At this point I enlighten them about the band, that it's a solo project, meaning no touring, and that I've got no money to spend on the project either. Dead silence from here on out from the first company.

Then I get contacted by two other promotion companies, all claiming zero interest in money, then all fvcking off as soon as they hear about the "no money, no tours" part. Only the fourth one was actually up front about what they want, since they put a price list in their first mail. I can respect that. What I can't respect are liars. If you need money in order to do your job, as in, your company is not a passion project but a normal business, why would you pretend to be something you're not? You're just wasting not only the bands time, but yours as well, which, considering how tiny a business you've gotta be in order to be interested in low level bands like mine, is something you can't afford to waste.

I am awaiting a reply from a fifth company at this point.

Latest posts

')