US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
So, one of the things I didn't see coming in the 2020 Democratic primary (does that need its own thread)...

Based on admittedly a fair amount of anecdotal evidence, the fact that prominent Sanders supporters are explicitly going after his record for not being liberal "enough," and to a lesser extent the fact he's now out front in fundraising, Beto O'Rourke seems to be drawing a surprising amount of support from people I know who were Sanders supporters in 2016. I'll be really interested to see if this holds, especially because as whole O'Rourke has some fairly progressive items in his platform, his record really has been as a centrist, moderate Democrat so this may be just a quick infatuation with an "energy" candidate... But if it does, that bodes well for Beto's chances, poorly for Sanders, and probably benefits other potential "frontrunner" candidates by having Sanders suck up less of the oxygen in the room, including notably Harris, and, as I'm fairly sure he'll run, Biden.

Definitely wouldn't have seen that coming, six months ago.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I feel like Beto would be a better VP right now.
I mean, a lot will depend on the next year obviously and how he handles the campaign... But I'd say he's gotta be short list for a lot of candidates, for sure, particularly the women (I think a lot of the male candidates are going to prioritize a female VP this time around, which frankly I'd love to see just to see Pence having to stand alone on stage next to a woman he isn't married to)

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
...frankly I'd love to see just to see Pence having to stand alone on stage next to a woman he isn't married to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah.

Beto BTW has a voting record that is VERY supportive of big business over private citizens. May not be worth trusting the hype.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah.

Beto BTW has a voting record that is VERY supportive of big business over private citizens. May not be worth trusting the hype.
Eh, Beto's from Texas and was representing Texans. That isn't all that surprising to me, I think what matters more is what his platform is on what he pans to do going forward. Which, to be fair, he hasn't provided a ton of clarity on yet, but he's definitely going to have to.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Democratic Party 2009-2016 was very cozy with big business. Votes during that span of time should be taken with a grain of salt.

devastone

Reaction score
Saw this when I was leaving the dentist office a few days ago and saw one of these bumper stickers:

527_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg

CapnForsaggio

Cap'n (general)
Reaction score
haha, i was looking for that old "is trump gonna make it? thread...." i just came by to taste salty tears. you all ripped me a new one for having the audacity to propose that maybe trump wasnt a master russian spy, and that obama laid a trap. you feelin me yet?

jaxadam

Reaction score
haha, i was looking for that old "is trump gonna make it? thread...." i just came by to taste salty tears. you all ripped me a new one for having the audacity to propose that maybe trump wasnt a master russian spy, and that obama laid a trap. you feelin me yet?

I'm feelin' you brotato! Trump 2020!

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
If this is another Maddow Nothing Burger, I'm going to laugh. Hell, I'm going to laugh regardless of the outcome.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
... for having the audacity to propose that maybe trump wasnt a master russian spy

For what it's worth, nobody anywhere thinks Trump is a master anything. Those of us who genuinely thought/think he did illegal things imagine he did so either because he's greedy and/or an egomaniac, or that he did so accidentally. Like...if you found out Mr. Magoo was responsible for those huge California fires. You probably wouldn't assume "clever arsonist".

Last edited: