Used my Axe Fx Ultra live for first time last night

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
So Ive been using my 2 channel Mesa Triple Rectifier and ENGL Fireball 100 for live shows for the past year and last night I used my Axe Fx for the first time live and only for the fourth time with the band. It sounded amazing! The sound guy said most guys have too much bass in their tone and while that may sound real good on its own, it gets somewhat lost in the mix. He said I was cutting too much! :lol: I got a used mesa 2:ninety power amp that works great too. I dialed in a good "Diezel VH4" tone with the Axe Fx and am very pleased with it. Got to watch the highs and presence a bit but the chuga chuga palm mute shit sounded tight and my tone was separate from the bassist which is the cut Ive wanted! My good friends were telling me that it was the tightest tone so far. Im pleased. Thank you Fractal and all you on here who turned me on to this machine of tone! Im still loving how the sound guy said that I was cutting too much with this thing. :lol: And I also love how no NS2 or ISP Decimator is needed with this thing. No noise reduction required with the Axe Fx.

www.myspace.com/simoommusic

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
cutting though too much...awesome! Glad to hear you love the axe-fx thats my next big purchase down the road

Corwin

Reaction score
Nice. Do you have anything recorded live with it ?

Last Wednesday I've seen Zappa Plays Zappa Live, and they played with the AxeFx too.
It sounds amazing. Dweezil had all those crazy sounds, and it was amazing.
I've got some live videos although it wont make any justice to what i've heard live.

Sexy:

34331_1490432455018_1060178161_1482961_7397911_n.jpg

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear, man!

It's funny how there's a common myth that you should raise your mids to cut through, because "the guitar sits in the mids". That is true, but most of the time, filtering out bass is the most effective way to cut better. Not only do you hear yourself better, which is what most guitarists want to achieve, you also clear up the overall mix for the whole band making you ALL cut better.

')