Used Peavey 6505+?

• Thread starter Forrest_H
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Yeah I was leaning that way. This is all the money I've saved working my summer job, I'm trying to get set for college because I know I won't be able to buy anything then. Anyone recommend a good used cab for a 6505+ head for around 300?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vick1000

Reaction score
Yeah I was leaning that way. This is all the money I've saved working my summer job, I'm trying to get set for college because I know I won't be able to buy anything then. Anyone recommend a good used cab for a 6505+ head for around 300?

See if you can talk this guy down on his Avatar, maybe throw in some trade bait.

Avatar 4x12 Schecter Hellraiser Special Solo 6

This is a good price on this one, if it still has the Celestions in it, but tax and shipping will make it questionable if it's not in excellent shape. Good news is GC will take it back and refund shipping is you don't like it...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-RANDALL-CXM-4X12-CAB-108849210-i3133665.gc

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Honestly, the fact that the latter is a 2x12 is enough for me to want it, but the biggest issue is price. I need to stay below like $400, and the 5150 combos are near the $500. If I had just a few hundred more I was able to spend it wouldn't even be a question :lol:

Check Craigslist as well. Last I checked, there were a couple of 5150 combos in both the Austin and SA areas.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Check Craigslist as well. Last I checked, there were a couple of 5150 combos in both the Austin and SA areas.

I'll have to look around on there, I totally forgot about craigslist :ugh:

I played a new 6505+ combo at Guitar Center, and I'm definitely still picking one up. :metal:

Reaction score
DON'T BUY THE USED ONE TRUSTTTT ME! I went through HELL finding a used 6505+ that wasn't messed up. I'll spare the long story but it was a nightmare with guitar center. I went through 2 different ones until I just got a new one. Buying new gear is way safer if you have the cash, I learned that the hard way.

vick1000

Reaction score
DON'T BUY THE USED ONE TRUSTTTT ME! I went through HELL finding a used 6505+ that wasn't messed up. I'll spare the long story but it was a nightmare with guitar center. I went through 2 different ones until I just got a new one. Buying new gear is way safer if you have the cash, I learned that the hard way.

Two? That's hell huh?

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score

I'm assuming by messed up, you mean sound-wise? In that case, I'm a little worried now... :ugh:

vick1000

Reaction score
I'm assuming by messed up, you mean sound-wise? In that case, I'm a little worried now... :ugh:

Don't listen to that crap. As long as you don't need the thing for a gig, and need absolute perfection, you are good. You can return amps as many times as you need to, until you are satisfied. Believe me, I have been rolling amps in and out of my local GC all year, looking for what I want.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Well guys, I went ahead and just ordered a 5150 2x12 Combo at Guitar Center. Should be here on Friday at the latest. I'm hoping it goes well :)

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Well guys, I went ahead and just ordered a 5150 2x12 Combo at Guitar Center. Should be here on Friday at the latest. I'm hoping it goes well :)

Grats! Have a NAD and stuff when it comes in. I used to have one, and it was hella killer. The only concern I had was that thing was HEEEEAAAAVY! Both figuratively and literally! :lol:

Reaction score
Don't listen to that crap. As long as you don't need the thing for a gig, and need absolute perfection, you are good. You can return amps as many times as you need to, until you are satisfied. Believe me, I have been rolling amps in and out of my local GC all year, looking for what I want.
It wasn't the fact I went through 2 it was the million trips to guitar center and the shitty service. It's an extremely long story. I just had a really bad experience with used 6505s

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick little update.

I'm glad that I asked over and over again about the amp being returned because it turns out I misunderstood the price and have to pass on it. Do I just need to show up and say I don't want it (as shitty as that is) since I've already payed? Thanks guys. :(

vick1000

Reaction score
How could you misunderstand the price, when you have already paid?

Anyway, just tell then you don't want it, and ask for a refund, including shipping and tax.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
How could you misunderstand the price, when you have already paid?

Anyway, just tell then you don't want it, and ask for a refund, including shipping and tax.

The short answer is that I'm 17 and I don't think things out very well, very dumb move on my part. In my head I had $480, but it turned out to be $580. Lesson learned, pay attention to the price :lol: Thanks for the quick reply. Mods can close this thread.

')