Used RAN Crusher Custom - Price?

• Thread starter kirlz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    crusher ran
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kirlz

Reaction score
I've found a used RAN Crusher for sale near me.

It's exactly this model:
ran-guitars-crusher-327.jpg

It has got a small dent in the headstock and it's pretty worn obove the strings from a pick, and also the cover for the truss rod is missing. Other than that it's in good shape.

How much do you think this guitar is worth? I haven't been able to find how much the guitar is new, and I have no idea how much a used guitar would be worth. Any ideas?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MSS

Reaction score
BB4CF442-DD8B-45D8-80C1-5B16FE31228F.jpeg I paid $2200 for mine new. It was listed at $2800. It shipped direct from Poland but I purchased it through a reseller. No idea how to price a used one. The used market could go either way depending on demand now that they are out of production. IMO I would pay $1800 for that one but I am a cheap bastard lol.

BrutalRob

Reaction score
Actually, I think that 1800 would be too much.
If I remember correctly, those Crusher 6 stringers without a painted finish were actually pretty cheap, especially in the beginning. Far less than 2000 Euros back then I think.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Yes and no. It's cheaper than the quality would suggest, but Rans are probably hard to move so it's a buyer's market. Check reverb and see for how much others sold to compare. But in a vacuum yes 470€ for one is a good price.

chinnybob

Reaction score
I've sold a few RANs (and have put my last one up in the classifieds here #shamelessplug). It's true they're not the easiest instruments to shift, I guess they're slightly niche, but from my experience I'd say that's a very good price, I certainly wouldn't have let any of mine go for that although from your description it sounds like mine were in better condition!

Based on the picture it looks like it might have been one of the "off the shelf" runs they occasionally did, in which case I reckon that price is a little less than half what it cost new.

MSS

Reaction score
If you live in the States like me. Yes that is a steal for sure.

I own a Crusher 6 flat top (granted alot more flashy looking) and mine was 2.3K new. I love it. The quality and attention to detail is great.

31970074697_1465493142_h.jpg

I have the same rear bag lol.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
@kiriz

You can mail RAN guitars and just ask. Either what one would cost today or if you have enough info on this old one they can pull the specs and back then price. Half a grand is a steal if there's nothing wrong with it.

mastapimp

Reaction score

kirlz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments! I bought it and played it a couple of hours yesterday. It feels great! Definately worth the price for me.