Used RG7421 vs. Agile Septor

• Thread starter Jeff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Agile Septor or Ibanez 7421?

• The Agile

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • The Ibanez

Votes: 48 64.0%

• Total voters

Sometimes7

Reaction score
I owned a 7421 for a time. The neck was the thinnest I've ever felt on a 7. Thinner than both Universes I've owned. Thinner than the RG7620 I owned and RG1527 I tried.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
let us know what you think of it. i might get one with my tax return

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
It's here. I'll post impressions and pics in another thread, since it doesn't pertain to the 7421 vs. Septor debate.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Dude, I so did not buy the 7421, bought the Septor, returned it, and now bought a different 7421. Whoa. This thread is obsolete. :lol:

Dolflundgren

Sixstring Revolution
Reaction score
from my experience with the Interceptor, I can tell you the Agiles are of suprisingly decent quality, especially at the price. And they look and sound beautiful.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Dolflundgren said:
from my experience with the Interceptor, I can tell you the Agiles are of suprisingly decent quality, especially at the price. And they look and sound beautiful.

Well, perhaps so. But they're still not on Ibanez MIJ level of QC, because my 7421 blows the Septor away in tha dept.

jaredowty

Reaction score
My Septor was kinda bad when I got it in as well..scuff on the top of the headstock, and a small chip in the finish near the neck pup. Still, that's not nearly enough to make me want to return it. The thing owns.

jaredowty

Reaction score
Oh shit, I didn't even check that date. I could've sworn it said the last reply was "Today"....my bad.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, but it sometimes shoots to the top when someone votes. It's a kink that is quite annoying but always happens. I don't know how many times I've seen the "UV vs K7 GO!" poll shoot to the top, just because people continue to vote on it.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I ended up selling the RG7421 too. It just didn't feel right, and wasn't different enough from my 1527, tone and feel-wise, plus the 1527's neck owns it.

I might consider giving Agile another shot the next 7 string go round, if they manage to just pay a little bit of attention to their minor QC problems.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I talked to Kurt and for Non tremolo intercepters he's expecting them in Metallic Black and Red.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
.jason. said:
Since it's old and there back..

I thought about getting another one, but I think I will just wait awhile, and spend the extra $200 to get a Schecter Blackjack. The extended scale and better pickups are more enticing.

Plus my friend's shop is now a Schecter dealer, so he might be able to get me an even better deal.

')