Using BIG strings...

• Thread starter All_¥our_Bass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;447740 said:
I've tried a 56 at G# and it was way too loose for me.
I'm not surpriced - a 56 tuned to B feels loose... I can't begin to imagine how it feels at G#!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7Stringz

Reaction score
jerking for gold or how would you say that... :D

my new tuning is F# C# F# B E G# C# and it's all good with the .56 ...
it's nuttin for me but if you want to get rheumatism in your fingers go for it...

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
tuned one of my 6-strings to GDADGB ("double-drop") and I used an .80 for the low G. works pretty well. the nut SHOULD get some filing and I'll probably do it if I decide to keep it in that tuning but I managed to intonate the string without much problems and it sounds and plays fine for me. I like heavy tension especially on the low strings.
tuning that 80 to F# or F seems to work pretty well, too

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Well I poked around juststrings and it seems I'm definantely going to be using a bass string for F#. The biggest guitar string they had was a 70.

Hexer

Contributor
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;450592 said:
Well I poked around juststrings and it seems I'm definantely going to be using a bass string for F#. The biggest guitar string they had was a 70.

really? no GHS .80s?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score

hell, i use bass strings for .050's and .065s \m/

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score

juststrings.com's bulk strings the biggest they offer is .070. But GHS, D'Addario and Ernie Ball all offer strings bigger than .070.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Ernie Ball makes a .90 guage guitar string. I had to file my nut (and tuning peg) when I went to a 64. Each guitar is a little different.

Latest posts

')