USPS Gear Tracking Comedy

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
We ship about 150-200 USPS packages a day. About a third of them won't even get tracking updates until day 3 or 4 and then it will say something insane like its on the wrong side of country or some shit. Our pickup guy told me that they scan whole trailers between facilities instead of individual packages, so if they missed a scan when something was moved from one truck to another items will show as following a trailer they're not even on anymore. The even worse thing is USPS will recycle tracking numbers sometimes that are only 3-4 weeks old, so customers think they're item was delivered to some other destination because the re-used number hasn't been scanned back in with the new package yet. It's pretty much a daily contest to see if USPS or FedEX is going to piss off more people with poor SOP. At least USPS stuff usually gets where it's going in one piece. FedEx will tear open a box, lose half the contents, then deliver the package anyways.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
lol that's hilarious, I had a couple similar experiences earlier this year.
One came all the way here from Florida, got to the Sacramento office, and then instead of heading up north and out for delivery, go shot out to Reno, where it got re-routed to Kentucky, then back to LA, back to Sacramento, and out for delivery.

...and another that got to California just fine, but once it touched down in LA, it went up to Sacramento, past me to Redding, back over the border to Reno, back over to Sacramento, and out for delivery.

One was USPS the other was UPS. Was shocked both of them actually got delivered :lol:

')