UV777BK Opinions?

• Thread starter ManWithDaPlan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Rx Elite

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!
Reaction score
I have a 777BK and have had a 97UV and a 91UV. I love em. The only thing I hate is that ugly ass mirror pickgard. They definitely have a different feel from a 7620 etc... The neck is definitely more "playable". The 7620's seem to have a little more low end to em for some reason. Wood??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ManWithDaPlan

Reaction score
Thanks.

Are the Blaze pickups really mid-scooped? Honestly, I really don't care for that type of tone. I think the whole 'scoop-the-mids' tone for metal is cheesy and doesn't sound great. I'd value getting great cleans, and getting nice smooth distortions better. However, I'd still like to get some heavyness to the sound, incase I decide to play metal.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
JJ Rodriguez said:
Are the Blaze pu's that bad for death/black metal?

WHAT!? Donkeys, I tell you! :wallbash:

Honestly, if you've any doubts that the Blaze pups aren't for death, whip out a Morbid Angel CD and have a good listen, because that's a stock Universe at work right there. Nothing short of perfect for death metal, and surely great for black metal too.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I plan on using mine for 99% death and black metal and 1% blues. I'm confident it's versatile to do both equally well which is why I chose this guitar. Mine will be here sometime in the month of November.

sepsis311

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
WHAT!? Donkeys, I tell you! :wallbash:

Honestly, if you've any doubts that the Blaze pups aren't for death, whip out a Morbid Angel CD and have a good listen, because that's a stock Universe at work right there. Nothing short of perfect for death metal, and surely great for black metal too.

I saw them use 7420's or 7620's when i saw them with soulfly. Couldn't get close enough to see the bridge, but it's definately one or the other. But yea they were amazing lead players and thats when i realized...

The 7620 is a good guitar, period. If you suck, you cant blame the guitar and think a UV will solve your problems, you can only blame yourself.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
trey_live_tdr.jpg

I do quite like thew way this UV has been completely made over the top :p

I dunno if he's still using this guitar...

sepsis311

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
they didn't pull out 1 uv the entire show when i saw them. i guess they don't want to bring the uv's on tour anymore in fear of them getting damaged?

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
sepsis311 said:
they didn't pull out 1 uv the entire show when i saw them. i guess they don't want to bring the uv's on tour anymore in fear of them getting damaged?
Possibly, and maybe also if they are only playing old stuff then I guess they wouldn't have that much use for it. Trey seems to be one of those people that uses the same guitar endlessly as that red one was around 10 years ago!

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
If you like the neck on the UV you can't beat a UV. I've found them to be a hair thinner than a 7620's. And a MOTS pickguard will change the mirror vibe of the guitar completely, as well. It's tough to tone it down completely ;) , but a MOTS pickguard would work better than a white one, IMHO. Chandler has lots of different guard materials if you decide to lose the mirror. Good luck with her!

Chunkosaurus

Reaction score
')