UV777BK VS K7... ok, GO!!!

• Thread starter kentheterrible
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which Guitar?

• UV

Votes: 129 69.0%
  • K7

Votes: 58 31.0%

• Total voters

kentheterrible

cheer up emo kid
Reaction score
OK, I'm in a bit of a spot. I really need to get another 7 since my blue s7420fm is get all the abuse and I want it to live forever. I figure it's about time for a new 7 and a sick one. I've been looking at Uv777's and K7's and can't come to a conclusion. If someone would be so kind as to make this a poll that would rock. I'm not sure that the stock pickups would survive at any rate, so I'm thinking, UV777+new pickgard+EMG 81-7+EMG 707= slay all day. Let me know what you guys think.
rock on.
ken
:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, I can't stand the K7's... I don't know why, I just don't like them. It isn't because it's Korn, and it isn't because it's severely overpriced like the UV, but it's something.

UV ALL THE WAY

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
kentheterrible said:
OK, I'm in a bit of a spot. I really need to get another 7 since my blue s7420fm is get all the abuse and I want it to live forever. I figure it's about time for a new 7 and a sick one. I've been looking at Uv777's and K7's and can't come to a conclusion. If someone would be so kind as to make this a poll that would rock. I'm not sure that the stock pickups would survive at any rate, so I'm thinking, UV777+new pickgard+EMG 81-7+EMG 707= slay all day. Let me know what you guys think.
rock on.
ken
:shred:
do it man, you'll love a UV, i know i do(can't wait to get a new pickup though), and if you get a new pick guard made by sharp concepts, make sure you mention my name(Adam Bath) and this forum, and they will give you a bit of a discount.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Put the chips down on the UV, you won't regret it. Absolutely great axes. sooner or later I will get one of the newer 777bk to go with my 'Ick green' UV.
Like someone else recently said here, I also think the mirror PG is a bit too disco for my tastes, but each to their own I guess. A black guard would highlight the white pearloid binding nicely. Lose the middle single-coil, slap in your EMG's, and crunch-a-roni! :shred:

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I vote UV just cause they're some SICK guitars. I love the 777bk, that's the 7 I've had my eyes on for quite a few years, I just never could save up for one, damn impulse buys!!
I personally like the stock pups, FWIW. Never been huge on EMG's...I like them, just not super sure about them, but to each his own. Enjoy whatever you do get!:shred:

dav2321

Reaction score
K7: good pickups,mahogany body,locking studs already on, no meddlesome middle pickup. My choice.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
K7: good pickups,mahogany body,locking studs already on, no meddlesome middle pickup. My choice.

The middle pickup is my biggest problem, but at least on the UV there is room to sink it down to reduce string pull and get it the f#^% out of the way. There's no easy solution for fixing the stupid inlayon the K7, though. Plus the OP mentioned a new pickguard, etc. So I'd say the middle pickup isn't an issue, nor the pickups, nor the locking studs, neither.

I actually like the weird trem system on the K7, though.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
bostjan said:
Why isn't this a poll yet?

Mods? :mods:

Because I'm pretty positive you heathens have the ability to make your OWN polls. Must we do everything? :fawk:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Because I'm pretty positive you heathens have the ability to make your OWN polls. Must we do everything? :fawk:

Umm, ok. How do I add a poll to someone else's thread?

Hey and watch that 'heathen' stuff, i prefer the term 'barbaric.' :evil:

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
UV is the only clear choice. I wouldn't pay what they are asking for a K7 when it's nothing more than a 1527 with a trem mod and the K7 shit on the fret board.

Save yourself some money and buy an old 7620 or a new 1527, or treat yourself with a New Universe.

~A

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Allen Garrow said:
UV is the only clear choice. I wouldn't pay what they are asking for a K7 when it's nothing more than a 1527 with a trem mod and the K7 shit on the fret board.

Save yourself some money and buy an old 7620 or a new 1527, or treat yourself with a New Universe.

~A
+1

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
bostjan said:
Umm, ok. How do I add a poll to someone else's thread?

Hey and watch that 'heathen' stuff, i prefer the term 'barbaric.' :evil:

Shut the fuck up, heathen. :fawk:

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
Allen Garrow said:

~A
actually its mahogany bodied - different than the basswood of both the RGs and the universe. one of the few production mahogany 7s they make. plus it has a color matched headstock, binding, and color matched dimarzios. by the way the necks are great on them too. though it is a little overpriced. if they could get one for under a grand i'd seriously consider one.

theres a stigma to both guitars in the back of some peoples head this is whats going on:
-steve vai guitar
-korn guitar

steves a better player, there for hi guitar must be better. both of them are made @ pretty much the same standards as they are both simlilarly prices MIJ sig axes. i know the inlay is ugly, but try look past it and judge it for the guitar it is...

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
UV777BK!!!

I just bought one a couple of months ago and it's by far the coolest thing I've ever done with $1500 :D

They're both great guitars but the UV just has some kind of magic to it that I can't explain. As always, you're best off trying both of them in the real world before making a decision but if you can't my vote goes 100% to the UV.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
You know, I like them both for different reasons/sounds. The UV777BK has the middle single-coil which would be great for those in-between sounds, and it looks fucking awesome. The K-7, however, is mahogany with PAF-7s, which should, in theory, sound like a 7-string Les Paul, which would fucking own everything in the studio.

So, in essence, buy both :hbang:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Dylan7620 said:
actually its mahogany bodied - different than the basswood of both the RGs and the universe. one of the few production mahogany 7s they make. plus it has a color matched headstock, binding, and color matched dimarzios. by the way the necks are great on them too. though it is a little overpriced. if they could get one for under a grand i'd seriously consider one.

theres a stigma to both guitars in the back of some peoples head this is whats going on:
-steve vai guitar
-korn guitar

steves a better player, there for hi guitar must be better. both of them are made @ pretty much the same standards as they are both simlilarly prices MIJ sig axes. i know the inlay is ugly, but try look past it and judge it for the guitar it is...
UV777BK has a color matched headstock :lol: its even bound... and if you want to be real technical, its got color matched dimarzio's too :agreed:

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That and I don't care how good a guitar is, if I'm paying $1000 plus for an axe I damn well better like the way it looks too! Inlay = :noway:

For that much money you should be happy with every single aspect of the guitar including the way it looks.

UV = b-e-a-utiful, I even like the damn pickguard!

Though I do plan on going with a polished stainless one from Sharp Concepts eventually.

')