UV777BK VS K7... ok, GO!!!

• Thread starter kentheterrible
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which Guitar?

• UV

Votes: 129 69.0%
  • K7

Votes: 58 31.0%

• Total voters

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Will this thread go away already? They're both great guitars. Unless you've played both extensively, it's silly to even chime in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
i'll vote universe cause their is no option for neither. the current universe is own of the most gorgeous guitars made and still makes part of me want one despite the fact that it's a sig.

but i can't bring myself to buy any signature guitar. call me weird ... i have a hang up on the identity aspect. but that's me, it's a pride thing and i'm probably wrong for it.

i'll vote that i think it takes away from "your" identity and you should strive to pave your own road.

Reaction score
dav2321 said:
K7: good pickups,mahogany body,locking studs already on, no meddlesome middle pickup. My choice.

I'm totaly whit you!!!:bowdown:

RG7321 is basswood and in standard tunning so it'll be nice to have one in a different wood and tuned down a whole step below,
my next one for shure!!!

And also I love Fire Spark Blue...

starsnuffer

Reaction score
I had the same problem deciding between the two. Then I realized I could get an awesome custom guitar for the same price with the exact pups I wanted, so I ordered a DC747c.

-W

I had the same problem deciding between the two. Then I realized I could get an awesome custom guitar for the same price with the exact pups I wanted, so I ordered a DC747c.

-W

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
MAYBE IF THEY PUT THE "K7" ON THE TRUSS ROD COVER INSTEAD OF THE FRETBOARD & LEFT THE FRETBOARD BLANK WITH NO INLAY, IT MIGHT GET MORE APPEAL.

I MEAN, YOU CAN ALWAYS SWITCH OUT THE T-ROD COVER, BUT THERE'S NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO TO COVER UP INLAY ON THE FRETBOARD WITHOUT YANKING FRETS & INLAY, REFILLING THE INLAY & RE-FRETTING.

I LIKE THE GENERAL MAKE UP OF THE K7, MINUS "K7" BEING PLASTERED RIGHT ON THE DADGUMM FRETBOARD.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
MAYBE IF THEY PUT THE "K7" ON THE TRUSS ROD COVER INSTEAD OF THE FRETBOARD & LEFT THE FRETBOARD BLANK WITH NO INLAY, IT MIGHT GET MORE APPEAL.

I MEAN, YOU CAN ALWAYS SWITCH OUT THE T-ROD COVER, BUT THERE'S NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO TO COVER UP INLAY ON THE FRETBOARD WITHOUT YANKING FRETS & INLAY, REFILLING THE INLAY & RE-FRETTING.

I LIKE THE GENERAL MAKE UP OF THE K7, MINUS "K7" BEING PLASTERED RIGHT ON THE DADGUMM FRETBOARD.

Its the perfect excuse to paint it black and put a maple fretboard on it, i think ;D

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
or just not care so much about an inlay. man i wish someone would lock this thread already. so boring. the k7 and uv sound nothing alike and excel at entire different things.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
or just not care so much about an inlay. man i wish someone would lock this thread already. so boring. the k7 and uv sound nothing alike and excel at entire different things.

You know i always wanted to get one and do what i mentioned above. then i just wanted to get one cause i dont care anymore ;p

(Yes, i'm not locking this on purpose ;D)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i personally want a blank ebony board put on mine, eventho i dont mind it the way it is. unfortunately i cant find anyone reputable who does that sort of thing.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
There's always the tutorials on project guitar, if you're a gamblin' man.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm not. I will wait until I can find a respectable pro who can do that sort of thing.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Aw come on! Sometimes you gotta live life on the edge Zimbloth.

Do the unexpected, if you don't, you can never say you tried.

jtm45

Reaction score
zimbloth said:
i personally want a blank ebony board put on mine, eventho i dont mind it the way it is. unfortunately i cant find anyone reputable who does that sort of thing.

What about that Chris Woods guy ?
I reckon he'd probably do that for you and his neck/fretboard work looks pretty slick.

I agree though that something like that on such a nice guitar would have to be done to the highest standard.
It would be the hottest K7 around with a plain ebony board fitted. Just about the perfect RG7 i would imagine( i'm imagining it right now and it does look heavenly,lol).

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I hear bad things about his service.

hitman

Reaction score
i played both...UV is better.k7 has the same price,but not the same quality,sound an look :hbang:
the uv has only a problem(in my opinion,of course):the blaze's ... i don't like too much them,there are better di marzio's to put in,but they are better then k7's PAFs :fawk:

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
I have had both at the same time. I kept.......drum roll please......the K7... The pickups weren't as bright and the ubar trem is great and you can mess
with a standard style trem bar on top or bottom. It's mahogany..etc..OK I don't like the K7 inlay and don't like Korn. Don't hate em just don't like em.. I have three jems and a Vai fan all the way but the pickups and everything on the K7 just work for me.. That being said.. since you are already planning to change pickups to emg's... EMG's sound pretty much the same no matter what you put them in so get the one "you" like the best and the Hell with everyone else's opinion. Both are very well made guitars. Personally if I were to change out the pickguard on the UV I would look at black pearloid or something like that. Staight black would make it look too plain and you might as well get an RG 7620 and have your own custom inlays put on the fretboard.

LEWY7777777

Reaction score
Pro: mahogany is better than basswood.
Con: K7 logo not your own always reminded of korn( some of us don't mind)
Pro: Dimarzio pickups (I would change the bridge with an x2n-7 or blaze custom D-sonic etc.or other heavier pickup)
Pro: You have a u bar with k7 but can use a whammy bar if you want compatible both ways.
Pro: K7 - no nonsense tone machine mahogany with prestige neck. clean look.
Uv: basswood .:wallbash: basswood :wallbash: basswood:wallbash:
K7: :wallbash: logo :wallbash: logo :wallbash: logo
This is how Ibanhad makes it impossible for a perfect axe to exist oh well live with less type of thing or just spend more....
BUY the Both swap necks keep the k7 body without the logo both have prestige necks right if you want blaze bridge there you go ha heheh yay the solution. :nuts:
Heck buy a custom KXK man! I think they are like 1399 right now. It comes stock with EMG std. Never hear the word ibanez again. :pirate:

')