UV777BK VS K7... ok, GO!!!

• Thread starter kentheterrible
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which Guitar?

• UV

Votes: 129 69.0%
  • K7

Votes: 58 31.0%

• Total voters

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Naren said:
UV all the way. I've never played the K-7 before, so I can't comment on that,

I dont want to start a flame war, or get personally dissed for this, but how can you choose one over the other when you have no experience of one?

Korn come in for some stick on this forum, despite a lot of people in music industry circles (and if I can find the articles I'll post them here) making the bold statement that had it not been for the likes of Korn (and fear factory) 7-string guitars might have died a death, or at least been limited to the shredders. Now before I get dissed this is just what I've read somewhere!!!!

Personally I cant comment because I've played neither guitar, but I can comment that I dont like the pyramid inlays, the scratchplate, nor the pick-up configuration of the UV. I DO like the K-7 for its plainness, pick-up configuration, and the fact that its mahogany is a big plus for me!

But dude its your money, try them both and decide which one you like best. Or trawl fleabay for a used one - that way you may be able to make your money stretch to both...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Hey i tried both guitars, now i have an UV mc, the K7 its too bassy, the low pickups are ugly, its a ball of bass, in the amp you have to put the bass in 2...
The universe is sharp, figting style, i like blaze cause you can "modifie" with the amp and effects.

Try both with your amp, and look what is the corrects guitar.

')