UV7BK buying Help!

• Thread starter MorbidAddiction
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MorbidAddiction

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've wanted an Ibanez Universe (greedn dot) since I first saw one, I finally have the cash to get my hands on one, but only ones I can find are in japan (which is fine, I have family there).

There are currently too sales online at the moment.

#1:
zor_n_roz-img450x600-1250428361pp7jls21222.jpg

My conserns are that the frets seem to be worn somewhat, is this a big issue?

From the looks of things, it seems in good condition, only dmg is to the pickguard from picking straches, I am mainly worried about the fret wear. He mentions something about 'state of the frets, more than nine minuets' (I don't understand, I used google translator and my cousin also knows japanese and said the same thing). This is buy it now price for $1,100 AUD.

#2:
kz8page-img240x400-1250071024090728_2141%7E01.jpg

I'm not sure if its the flash of the camera or not, but the fret board looks a little too shiny lol (I refer that past guitars I have owned that have shiny fret boards are from extensive wear)? This one hasn't hit its reserve yet, its proberbly around $1,000+ AUD.

I am mainly look for help on choosing the best quailty, that will last me some years (I play alot). Dose anyone have a suggestion as to where to go from here? Or, should I go for something else; RG1527 or something?

Thanks,
Morbid.

anyone at all?

bump?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
these are old guitars, mint ones are hard to find. both those look good though. all the necks on the old uv's are slightly different, but all play well. basically, with all internet purchases it's a case of getting what you see, but most of the old uv's (including some real wrecks) that i've had over the years have all been superb, so I'd say go for it.

they definately are in a class of their own, and i'd take even a beat up one over a mint rg1527/rg7620 ANY day of the week.

as for best quality, just go for the one you like the look of best. they will last as well, so don't worry, they built them really well back then :)

')