V style 7s ?

• Thread starter Kstring
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kstring

SCHECTER
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Now i have a problem,i will be joining a band soon so i will be getting a better amp.But that is not what im posting this for, my current seven (Schecter C-7) is great but i am in need of another. So my question is do any of you know of a good 7 stringer that is an unusual shape (V,explorer etc.) if so please help me out. Oh and my budget is $600 MAX and i also hate trems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kstring

SCHECTER
Reaction score
yeah i know thats why i was thinking of finding someone to build me one, but that will be alot of money for me to spend lol

AHelm

AHelm
Reaction score
schecter a7s come in fixed bridge....and they're pretty funky lookin
epiphone v goth or '58 reissue
jackson has rr's and kellys both with tune-os

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look into the new B.C. Rich JRV 7, they seem solid from what I've see nand heard, and can be had NEW for about $700 through the major retailers, and a little less through some eBay stores and other vendors.

Kstring

SCHECTER
Reaction score
yes i love the BCR BUT it has the trem which i can't stand. Unless i could turn it into a fixed bridge, but thta would be a pain in the ass

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes i love the BCR BUT it has the trem which i can't stand. Unless i could turn it into a fixed bridge, but thta would be a pain in the ass

Then look into a used Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos 7. I've seen them go for close to $600 used.

Other than that, Rondo Music/Agile is your only option as far as fixed bridge, non-super strat, 7-string guitars for ~$600.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
jackson has rr's and kellys both with tune-os

Good luck finding one. :lol: The RR7s's pop up a couple of times a year. I've seen ONE verifiable KE7 on eBay in the last five years or so.

AHelm

AHelm
Reaction score
im turning my tremd s-series into a fixed.....and yes it is a pain in the ass:squint:

Kstring

SCHECTER
Reaction score
why do i have to like the most hard to find guiatrs, has anyone tried the hellraiser v7?

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im turning my tremd s-series into a fixed.....and yes it is a pain in the ass:squint:

Put a Treml-no in it and lock it, or just block it. If you fill in the hole and put in a fixed bridge, you *will* end up with a toneless plank.

AHelm

AHelm
Reaction score
Good luck finding one. :lol: The RR7s's pop up a couple of times a year. I've seen ONE verifiable KE7 on eBay in the last five years or so.

ha i know right! actually one of each has popped up within the last month

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oops. Make that TWO Kellys in five years. :lol:

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
a couple months ago themusicfarm on ebay had a few bc rich jr v's on for $599 w/ free shipping. i put it on my watch list & when you do sometimes they will see that and offer you a % off. they said i could get it for $509 and i almost did exept i had never played one and was not sure if i would like the neck - i wanted something thin.

you should start seeing used ones for alot less soon...oh, this has a trem but of coarse you have heard how to fix that. good luck with your decision.

behemoth91

Reaction score
get a used xiphos man, i have the 6 string model and its fantastic, came to me with no problems. but if you can afford one id suggest my fav guitarists/lead extreme metal vocalist's guitar nergals Ltd Hex-7. one beast guitar if you can afford it, you can get em b-stock on ebay for $900 when they go for like $1200 new

')