V3 versus Dual Rectifier

• Thread starter shishin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Intriguing.

I wonder if GC would throw a set of EL-34's in a Recto if they really thought I might buy it. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally I use a Line 6 HD147 and love the crap out of it. It's got some great amp models that will handle what you want and some pretty good effects, although I would say to get a T.C. Electronics rack mount unit, the G-major is my favorite and will you can switch the effects with your Line 6 FBV or Shortboard!!

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
I wonder if GC would throw a set of EL-34's in a Recto if they really thought I might buy it. :lol:

A GC near me had a DualRec with factory EL34's for a while. I think someone special ordered it and never picked it up. It sounded really good, but it just wasn't my thing. I gotta have my 6L6's.

shishin

Reaction score
well... I might go with the V3. I'm supposed to get it today. Just economicly speaking, it's the better choice. Whould I be able to put mesa tubes in it and C90's to get a more Mesa tone? I want to make a Carvin/Mesa bastard child.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
well, with 2000$ to spend I'd go off and go rack. Get yourself a decent preamp, power amp and an FX processor with a midi floorboard. Never worry about FX again.

But to start with I'd go and find out what gear your favorite sounding bands use, then go off and try all the amps you have on your list from that out. Even try a triaxis/2:90 combo.

Then find it second hand, meaning you can get way more bang for your buck.

But I'd go with a rack FX processor like a g-major/g-force. it'll do everything your pedals do, and unless all you like is vintage pedals then it'll sound as good as if not better than the pedal seperates AND be lower noise.

shishin

Reaction score
7 Dying Trees said:
well, with 2000$ to spend I'd go off and go rack. Get yourself a decent preamp, power amp and an FX processor with a midi floorboard. Never worry about FX again.

But to start with I'd go and find out what gear your favorite sounding bands use, then go off and try all the amps you have on your list from that out. Even try a triaxis/2:90 combo.

Then find it second hand, meaning you can get way more bang for your buck.

But I'd go with a rack FX processor like a g-major/g-force. it'll do everything your pedals do, and unless all you like is vintage pedals then it'll sound as good as if not better than the pedal seperates AND be lower noise.

Well I got the amp already. I like it so I figured I may as well buy it. I don't know what to do as far as effects and preamps and tube replacement and such. I think I might get a tc G-system. But I'm not too sure about it. Alot of the effects I like are very specific to the pedal the come from. I like alot of weird shit. any suggestions on other stuff to add to my rig as far the stuff I listed above? I'll most likely end up spending more than 2000 eventually but I meant that price more for amplification.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
well if you like the sound of it, i wouldn't change anything quite yet... as far as tubes go it's more of a 'pick your flavor' as there are soo many tube choices out there, some of the most highly recommended are JJ brand tubes. i got mine from bob@eurotubes.com he's super nice and super helpful. and putting in mesa tubes won't make it sound more like a mesa, mesa doesn't even make their own tubes, they are just relabled.

shishin

Reaction score
Dylan7620 said:
well if you like the sound of it, i wouldn't change anything quite yet... as far as tubes go it's more of a 'pick your flavor' as there are soo many tube choices out there, some of the most highly recommended are JJ brand tubes. i got mine from bob@eurotubes.com he's super nice and super helpful. and putting in mesa tubes won't make it sound more like a mesa, mesa doesn't even make their own tubes, they are just relabled.

Alright thanks alot. I'll talk to him and see what he says.

Latest posts

')