V30 vs. legends

bangu101

Reaction score
so im still looking for a cab and i dont know which would sound better vintage 30s or eminence legends(like in krank or vader cabs) i just want speakers that can get djent sound to heavy metal im using a peavey valveking head soon might get somthin different. please HELP

thanks
TJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groph

Reaction score
so im still looking for a cab and i dont know which would sound better vintage 30s or eminence legends(like in krank or vader cabs) i just want speakers that can get djent sound to heavy metal im using a peavey valveking head soon might get somthin different. please HELP

thanks
TJ

You'll probably get a tighter tone with the Legends since theyll break up less and they have a higher power handling.

However, to me, djent = upper mids, which Vintage 30's have in spades. They have a characteristic nasal growl that might fit your tone desires perfectly. They won't be as tight on their own but surely you can still pull off a great tight tone. They'll probably also be better for non djent tones so I'd go with the V30's if you don't have any other options. You might enjoy a little bit of speaker breakup too, a Vintage 30 will interact with your amp a little more than a more powerful Legend will.

pathos45

Reaction score
arnt the legends just a higher wattage v30? i know emeince makes a mock of the v30 with more wattage i just dono if its the legend or not

groph

Reaction score
arnt the legends just a higher wattage v30? i know emeince makes a mock of the v30 with more wattage i just dono if its the legend or not

That might be the Governor you're thinking of. To my knowledge, the Legend is a more value-priced speaker that is generally neutral in tone, kind of like an EMG pickup, but a speaker, if that makes sense.

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
You want Vintage 30s. That seems to be the djent speaker of choice. Eminence Legends sound nothing like Vintage 30s. They are flat and sterile sounding, and seemed scooped in comparison. It's really not what you want at all.