Vader cab owners

chaos1n3

Reaction score
I'm considering the Vader 2X15. I was curious what head will drive this to it's maximum potential. I tune very low (C# below a Bass E, F#-B-E-A-D-G), so I need something that won't rob my low end. I double between bass lines and guitar, and the Vader cabs sound perfect for this application.
Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
Peavey 5150/6505, Mesa Dual/Triple Rect, Framus Cobra....all good for low tuning and having good low end. any of those will sound great through a Vader 2x15

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Peavey 5150/6505, Mesa Dual/Triple Rect, Framus Cobra....all good for low tuning and having good low end. any of those will sound great through a Vader 2x15

I disagree about the 5150 and Recto. Both terrific amps but I don't think would handle tunings below a bass low E too well.

I think stuff like Framus, Diezel, VHT, ENGL etc would do a better job but in all honesty if you're going to tune that low I would not use a tube amp. Maybe look into the Axe-FX stuff. Again, those amps slay with low tunings but 15 frets down? Not so sure.

Latest posts

')