Vader Carnivore 2020

• Thread starter Trainwreck
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
I picked this up earlier in the week from a friend of mine. I've been a fan of Vader cabs forever and when the opportunity arose to grab one of these I didn't hesitate. I know only four were built so they are pretty rare. I also know its built on the Soldano SLO platform and its definitely the bastard son of Mike Soldano's design. I have a SLO also and compared to it its definitely a steroid gym rat version of it. Its does everything a SLO does but with more options. Its nice and tight sounding with great note definition and articulation. Reminds me alot of the VHT UL Pittbulls but with a little more forgiveness. It can do any Marshall, Soldano amps plus it can be tweaked to sound darker and fuller. As a guy who owns over 50 heads, this one made it into my top three. Its sick as hell.

Here is where I could use everyone's help. I'm trying to post a video of some of the tones per requests but I've never recorded anything video before. I don't have a studio or even own any microphones. All I have is my Samsung galaxy phone. I've been playing around with it and it does OK but it sounds flubby. Its not blowing out the mic but its not sounding like the amp. Do I want to record at a lower volume with the phone closer or further away from the cabs or should I keep it away from the cabs with the volume a little louder ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I feel like if you move the phone back a bit you get the "in room" tones..but a phone mic isn't good enough to move close to the amp to get "speaker" tone. It's tricky with a phone but my experience has always been keep it a good ways away from the amp. Super cool purchase btw. How much did it cost?

Bearitone

Reaction score
Same experience. Put it like 10 feet away from the amp and not directly in line with the speakers.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Ill try it out this week.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
You own 50 amp heads... and not a single microphone? :woot:
My buddy has a studio so I'll wander over to his place to demo stuff. Works out great, he borrows amps and I get all the free studio time I want.

')