Vader speaker options for drop E and drop F

• Thread starter beware6505
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

beware6505

Reaction score
im looking to swap out my speakers in both of my vader 4X12's

we play in drop E . just wanting to know if there is any good option to give more clarity than the emenice speakers .

my rig setup

guitar's - esp/ltd sct 607b and sc 607b both alder bodies with emg 81-7

string gauge is 12-80

amp mesa boogie dual rec ( using power amp section ) with line6 hd 500 ran through effects loop to use as a pre amp

cab - vader 4x12 with stock emenice speakers

thanks

jon

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
I lol'ed when you said you only use your Dual rec as a power amp.

I play in Glop E. I borrowed an engl invader and a vader cab for a show not to long ago. The vadar had v30's in it. It sounded pristine. Just nice and midrangy/brightish/punchy and not anywere near as dark as stock vadar cabs I have played.

beware6505

Reaction score
I lol'ed when you said you only use your Dual rec as a power amp.

I play in Glop E. I borrowed an engl invader and a vader cab for a show not to long ago. The vadar had v30's in it. It sounded pristine. Just nice and midrangy/brightish/punchy and not anywere near as dark as stock vadar cabs I have played.

haha yeah i miss running through the front of the amp but i cant get a good filter am/radio sound patch to sound good with my hd500 . so i just run a mesa pre amp patch with effects and no cab sims and run it through the return of the loop

i think we have a crate cab with v30s in it at the practice space i might put them in and give them a try .. been reading about k-100s as a good replacement as well

thanks for the input!

aslo what band are you in ?

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
k100's or Gt-75's are great for drop tuning. I have a marshall cab with k-100's and gt-75's and i play in G standard, clear as day!
I had a Vader cab once (with the eminence legends i think) and while the cab itself was awesome, the speakers were just too "woofy" for low tunings.

beware6505

Reaction score
k100's or Gt-75's are great for drop tuning. I have a marshall cab with k-100's and gt-75's and i play in G standard, clear as day!
I had a Vader cab once (with the eminence legends i think) and while the cab itself was awesome, the speakers were just too "woofy" for low tunings.

thanks for the input!! i do like the legends and i have redid my eq to get tighter sound with them but it has took some time to get it where im ok with it for now i just want something more

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
haha yeah i miss running through the front of the amp but i cant get a good filter am/radio sound patch to sound good with my hd500 . so i just run a mesa pre amp patch with effects and no cab sims and run it through the return of the loop

i think we have a crate cab with v30s in it at the practice space i might put them in and give them a try .. been reading about k-100s as a good replacement as well

thanks for the input!

aslo what band are you in ?

I play in a band called forsythia how about yourself?

Also Yeah man the k-100s i have heard have been awesome.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Judging by his username and his location he's either Josh or Jon from Beware the Neverending.

>.>
<.<

Don't look at me like that I'm friends with half the band on facebook and I see them play when they come to Savannah.

Max_SMW

Reaction score
+1 for the k-100`s

they are pretty sterile sounding, but the clarity and punch are unmatched by any other speaker i`ve heard.
and you could always mix 2 of those with 2 V30`s for more mid-grit :)

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of chucking some v30's in X pattern with the k-100's instead of the Gt-75's, because the 75's sound very similar to the k-100's - minus the massive low end. Only question is will the k-100's overpower the v30's (being 100watt speakers vs 60 watts).
I actually have a spare cab with 8 ohm gt-85s (later rebranded k-100's) so might have to source some v30s and try it!

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
My friends Vader 4x12 with the custom Eminence Legends is one of the clearest cabs I have played through for low tuned metal.....so :scratch:

Maybe that's just my opinion. Could just be the way you have your patches voiced?

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
WGS makes some 55Hz speakers that are wonderful for lower tunings and are affordable. The Eminence Commonwealth or Man-O-War have the best low end punch from their lines, and are slightly more than the WGS but still budget friendly. EV does really well, but is on the pricey side, but my absolute favorite for uber-low tunings is the B&C 12PE32. A bit on the pricey side, but no more so than EV, and affordable when compared to ALNiCo Celestions. It has a great EQ curve for guitar with better low end and extension than your typical guitar drivers, with a very high sensitivity. All in all, it is a powerful driver with an upgraded voice coil and suspension that goes low without farting out.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
love my stock Vader speakers!

NinjaRaf

Reaction score
Funny how every one hears things differently. I prefer those Vader legends above anything else. Good luck getting those speakers out, they glued them in with some crazy black stuff lol.

')