Valdosta, Ga reporting

• Thread starter lelandbowman3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lelandbowman3

Reaction score
Hi, folks, hope all is well. I've been on since January and have failed to do this so here goes:
I've been playing for about 10 years, seriously playing for maybe 3. Lots of time wasted, no? I guess I hit the point to where I decided I didn't need shred chops because I was going to be a rhythm player. Well, needless to say I was wrong, and now I'm kicking myself. I need to practice seriously more. (Any advice??)

I love RPG vidya (and tabletops) and a variety of movies; I have a puppy that is basically like my child, I love sushi, and I love most types of music. I've been in theatre for 8 years. I switched majors to education, and I'm trying to trade an RG927.

I'm pretty chill, but yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Feel free to say hi or something.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Oh hey, you're a hop and a skip away from me!

Welcome to the board!

:welcome:

lelandbowman3

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I've been trying to expand my playing a bit, but so far, none of the lessons are helping. I hit that wall to where everything sounds the same and its never as good as I want it. Any recommendations?

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Fellow Georgian reporting in! Columbus.

It sounds crazy but grab an octave pedal, maybe play some CKY covers. That really opened my eyes for some reason. It sounds soooo cool

lelandbowman3

Reaction score
I used to play their older stuff: (bitter beings and stuff) but its just not in the direction I want to go. I want to learn all shall.perish and the helix nebula style leads, but have no idea where to start. I mean, I know learning their songs, but when I do that, I just.learn how to regurgitate those riffs. Maybe I'm just dumb?

lelandbowman3

Reaction score
Wow, you're only a few hours away! I used to go to Andrew College, if you know where that's at.

lelandbowman3

Reaction score
From around 2009 or 10 through now. I'll probably be booking a few shows in V-town this summer. I'll let you know. :D

what were their names? I was there 2010.
What's your band name? I'll be on the lookout.

')