Veil of Maya new album news

• Thread starter JoshuaLogan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TruthDose

SRS BIDNIZZ
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought they had put a new song up on Friday, I didn't check but I thought I had read that.
Can't wait though!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
There's tons of melody on The Common Man's Collapse. lots of cool leads and nice chordal melodies... and more full/complex chords than you usually hear in this kind of music. I don't think the new song posted is that great though...

they showed me a bunch of the material from the sessions when there was only drums and guitar, and i have to say, as awesome as this song is, it doesnt represent the full sound of the album, there are plenty of awesome chord songs, and plenty of great grooves and amazing riffs in the other songs, this is just one facet of the album, and trust me this album is going to be amazing, heard tracks even without bass and i know that haha!
so good!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds exactly like the last album, Absolutely no progression at all.

Check out the clip on their myspace page then ;). Marc's use of low gain :wub:.

I wonder what octave the vocalist is going to take live?

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
they showed me a bunch of the material from the sessions when there was only drums and guitar, and i have to say, as awesome as this song is, it doesnt represent the full sound of the album, there are plenty of awesome chord songs, and plenty of great grooves and amazing riffs in the other songs, this is just one facet of the album, and trust me this album is going to be amazing, heard tracks even without bass and i know that haha!
so good!

Shit, straight from an inside man. Looking forward to this harder now :)

And, thank god for that, because as soon as I heard the generic chug to minor second bullshit crutch I was beginning to lose hope that they would keep up the goodness :lol:

rareform707

Reaction score
i think Veil is an amazing band, ive been a huge fan since the start! i agree theyve come a long way since their first cd, and that this new track is definitely another big step. i personally like the track, and am really looking forward to the whole album even more after hearing it...
to the fellow who said he doesnt understand the hype, listen more and you will be enlighted i promise :) im confident enough that its not just my biased midwest metal opinion speaking when i say that marc is one of the most talented guitarists ive personally heard, and that the band as a whole is very musically talented. im sure the rest of their music, and the new album will not disappoint :yesway:

')