Veil of Maya Resistance Cover (X3,S2.0 MF)

• Thread starter gnossdrawkcab
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ultranoob

Reaction score
nice work , I have been listening to this album a lot since it came out and you nailed it - good production as well

Mexi

Reaction score
love this song so much. probably the closest thing to "It's not safe to swim today" on this album imo

edit: and excellent cover btw:hbang:

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
love this song so much. probably the closest thing to "It's not safe to swim today" on this album imo
I'm sure most people would argue that Codex is the one similar to It's not safe to swim today but either way both albums are amazing in their own right.

And this cover is awesome, one of my favorite songs from the album. I plan on learning it this weekend (or trying to haha).

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Nice man, way ahead of me on learning this ;)

gnossdrawkcab

Reaction score
It sounds similar to Marcs tone.

Maybe its cause I am marc! no but for real it was just big bottom amp with treadplate cab low gain and a tubescreamer before it and then it was a shitload of eq in cubase before it sounded like his tone tbh. his mids are outrageous

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Maybe its cause I am marc! no but for real it was just big bottom amp with treadplate cab low gain and a tubescreamer before it and then it was a shitload of eq in cubase before it sounded like his tone tbh. his mids are outrageous

I love marc's tone, what mic were you using as well?

also did you layer guitars? Or is it just one in the left pan and one in the right?

gnossdrawkcab

Reaction score
I love marc's tone, what mic were you using as well?

also did you layer guitars? Or is it just one in the left pan and one in the right?

i used the 57 off axis. no i didnt layer its just two tracks one left one right i think thats how he does it too. he has alot of low end and mid on his tone. its very defining and comes through anything.

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
gnossdrawkcab I also really like the Rosencrance and Entry Level Exit Wounds covers. Also what are you using for the drums?

gnossdrawkcab

Reaction score
gnossdrawkcab I also really like the Rosencrance and Entry Level Exit Wounds covers. Also what are you using for the drums?

Thanks man. I'm using Superior Drummer 2.0 with the Metal Foundry expansion. Its mostly the DW collectors kit i think and then i put loads of eq on all the pieces of the kit. if you have any questions just let me know.

')